Manager, Physical Production
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced Head of Production, Unit Production Manager or Line Producer to help manage our slate of International Originals being produced in Korean from a production perspective. Responsibilities include establishing and curating vendor & staff/crew relations, reviewing budgets and supporting/suggesting best practices from pre-production through delivery.
The position will work closely with our Creative, Post Production and other internal teams along with our local series producers to ensure the efficient delivery of the series.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 183 million streaming members in 190 countries. With the continued international expansion and a move into original film acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Pre Production/Setup of Show
• Work with Finance, Legal, Creative, Engineering, Post & external production teams on establishing key production schedules and workflows and maximizing budget to spend as much on screen as possible
• Work with Showrunners, Producers and Line Producers to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks
• Review creative/scripts & begin defining series budgets
• Collaborate with internal/external teams to lock budget
• Track & manage all costs, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
• Update cost reports and trackers on a weekly basis
• Help ensure that productions run smoothly, meet deadlines and stay within budget
• Create/Help inform and draft production and post schedule
• Collaborate with internal teams (including Post, Content Ops) & external production team to lock schedule
• Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal/external teams
• Lead or assist with search and hire of key production staff
• Determine key vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues
• Help maintain/curate preferred vendor list
• Set up and attend key creative approval sessions
• Set up and schedule legal clearance reviews with Legal Department
• BA/BS Degree; 10 Years experience with long form production executive management both in the field and on a network level for scripted series.
• This candidate should currently manage a slate of shows, have the title of Head of Production, Vice President or Chief Producer
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment simultaneously supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both HD and 4K, single cam and multi-cam event
• Access to long roster of high quality vendors and talent throughout Europe
• Ability to respond after-hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Comfortable with heavy travel
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and gear
• Has language skills, fluent Korean and English
• Production experience, in producing scripted series, film or unscripted TV
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail