Manager, Physical Production - Original Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced Production Executive to help manage the physical production of both internal and licensed original series. Responsibilities include establishing and curating vendor & staff/crew relations, reviewing budgets and supporting/suggesting best practices from pre-production through delivery. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of production on a diverse range of owned and licensed original series.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 158 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Pre Production/Setup of Show
• Work with Creative, Finance, Legal, Post & external production teams on establishing key production schedules, budgets and workflows to spend as much on screen as possible
• Work with Showrunners, EICs and Line Producers to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback on viability and risks
• Review creative/scripts & begin defining series production strategy and budget
• Collaborate with internal/external teams to lock budget
• Track & manage all costs with Finance, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
• Help ensure that productions run smoothly, meet deadlines and stay within budget
• Create/Help inform and draft production schedule
• Collaborate with internal teams (including Post, Content Ops) & external production team to lock schedule
• Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal/external teams
• Lead or assist with search and hire of key production staff
• Determine key vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues
• Help maintain/curate preferred vendor list
• Set up and attend key creative approval sessions
• Set up legal clearance reviews with Legal Department
• BA/BS Degree; 10 Years experience with long form production executive management in the field or on a network level for scripted series
• This candidate should currently manage a slate of shows, have the title of Head of Production, VP or SVP
• Freelance Line Producer experience in half-hour single-camera comedy a plus.
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment simultaneously supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows including 4K
• Access to roster of high quality vendors and talent worldwide
• Ability to respond after-hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Comfortable with significant travel
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and gear
• International production experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.