Manager, Physical Production - Korea
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced Head of Production, Unit Production Manager or Line Producer to help manage our slate of International Originals being produced in Korean from a production perspective. Responsibilities include establishing and curating vendor & staff/crew relations, reviewing budgets and supporting/suggesting best practices from pre-production through delivery.
The position will work closely with our Creative, Post Production and other internal teams along with our local series producers to ensure the efficient delivery of the series.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Technical Setup of Show
• Work with Studio Technologies, Post & external production team on defining key 4K dailies and post workflows such as camera capture, master delivery, final archive
• Work with Post Supervisors to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks
• Review creative/scripts & begin defining post budget
• Collaborate with internal/external teams to lock budget
• Track & manage all post related costs, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
• Update cost reports and trackers on a weekly basis
• Review & approve POs for key post budget items (i.e.: dub stage, DI facility, sound editorial) for Studio productions
• Create/Help inform and draft post schedule
• Collaborate with internal teams (including Distribution and Localization) & external production team to lock schedule
• Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal/external teams
• Lead or assist with search and hire of key show post staff
• Determine key post vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues
• Help maintain/curate preferred vendor list
• Set up and attend key creative approval sessions such as final dub playbacks, VFX reviews or color correction reviews
• Schedule and attend Netflix screenings, previews, premieres, etc.
• Collaborate with show post on setting up theater, arranging engineering when necessary, and rehearsing the content when applicable
• BA/BS Degree
• 10 Years as an experienced Post Production Supervisor on a freelance or staff basis having worked with medium and high budget studio, major production company and network series and films
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both HD and 4K
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current post process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Microsoft Word, Excel, Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail
• Fluency in English and Korean required
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 150 million streaming members in 190 countries. With the continued international expansion and a move into original film acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.