Manager, Physical Production - Indie Film
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
• In concert with Sr. Production Manager, serve as the primary production contact across pre-production and production to ensure partners successfully deliver films to Netflix within approved schedule and budget parameters across a target slate of 50 films per annum.
• In concert with Sr. Production Manager, vet initial production plans (script, budget, schedule) to ensure each project has the resources and an optimal plan to deliver content of the highest quality.
• In concert with Sr. Production Manager, communicate with Content Executives and keep them abreast of any production related issues.
• In concert with Sr. Production Manager, champion evolving technologies and determine how to incorporate into production and post-production workflows.
• In collaboration with interdepartmental Netflix production teams, develop and update physical production ''best practices'' and refine evolving independent film production guidelines to deliver to filmmakers.
• Work with cross-functional teams at Netflix to ensure that films are successfully delivered and positioned for success (Creative Executives, Post-Production, Distribution, Product Creative, Marketing).
• Create, update and proactively maintain inward and outward-facing production resources and documents.
• Collaborate with department management on the creation and updating of a master calendar tracking production milestones for all projects.
• Collaborate with department management on the creation and updating of a master workflow tracking documents for all projects.
• BA/BS Degree
• Passion for independent film -
• 10 years hands on experience in independent feature film production -
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows, including 4K -
• Access to long roster of high quality vendors and talent worldwide -
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters -
• Team player who operates in a fast paced team oriented setting -
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information -
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly -
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process -
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask -
• Proficiency in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Mail, Movie Magic Budgeting, Movie Magic Scheduling