Manager, Original Series
Full Time Job
With the opening of our office in Toronto, our Originals Series team is seeking an experienced creative executive for our new and growing Canadian original content slate. This initiative, which is central to Netflix's growth strategy in North America, focuses on identifying, developing and producing original Canadian series from storytellers across the country.
This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, self-motivated and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. The role is based in Toronto and will require some regional travel within the country, as well as occasional travel globally.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Establish and maintain relationships with creators, producers, and talent to source new content opportunities in Canada.
• Manage and evaluate content through performance tracking, relationship cultivation, and research to find projects that engage our subscribers and enhance our brand.
• Represent Canadian Originals team interests across the company (operations, legal, finance, business intelligence/reporting, marketing, product) on a regular basis.
• Communicate market trends and new content opportunities to internal and external partners.
• Identify up and coming talent - writers, directors, producers.
• Develop and produce scripted fiction series and guide projects creatively through various stages of development and production until launched on the Netflix service.
• Partner with internal teams (production, production finance, post management, VFX) for the best creative outcome.
• Read & provide effective creative notes on scripts, cuts, edits of series. Provide guidance on storylines and casting. Work closely with external creative partners, including writers, producers, and directors.
• Fluency in English and French strongly preferred
• Demonstrated experience developing and producing television series, ideally with 10 years of experience
• Intimate knowledge of the Canadian entertainment industry and audience preferences
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment supervising several projects in various points of development and production
• Team-player who thrives in a collaborative setting
• Willingness to continue learning and driving innovation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask