Manager, Original Documentary Features - APAC
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Manager to support the Original Documentary Features team from our Seoul office. This person will help us leverage documentary to tell Korea's most compelling stories both locally and to our members around the world.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network with 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. As Netflix continues to establish itself as a key producer of film and series content in Japan, it's a great time to join the team.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and communication.
• Leverage existing knowledge of and contacts within the Japanese documentary community to identify promising concepts/projects for Netflix to pursue, develop and produce.
• Help to identify top production partners to utilize in the execution of documentary features in Korea and throughout the rest of the region.
• Build Netflix's reputation within the local creative community as the go-to producer/distributor of high quality documentary films.
• Oversee the development and execution of documentary content conceptualization through to production and launch within Korea and other key markets within APAC.
• Partner closely with cross-functional teams within Netflix, including Content Planning & Analysis, Marketing & Communications, Business & Legal Affairs, and others.
• 10 years of content industry experience in producorial or development roles, with much of that experience centered around documentary features content.
• Strong creative sense and ability to deliver strong notes and feedback to creators as they work to complete their projects with Netflix.
• A strong network of connections within the documentary space, ranging from creators and directors to producers and production houses.
• Ability to collaborate closely with a growing global documentary team with members around the region and world.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Ability and willingness to travel for official work.
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting.
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail.
• BA/BS Degree.