Manager, Media Services - Asset Management Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Asset Management organization is seeking a Manager to lead the Media Services team. The role is based in Los Angeles and partners cross functionally with global teams including Post Production, Marketing, Publicity, Legal, VFX and Awards.
Media Services' core focus is to create screening assets for Netflix content. As its leader,
you will lead the industry in innovative approaches to tooling, vendor collaboration and quality assurance. Through strong project management, effective research, rapid sourcing and ensuring the readiness of final assets, the team makes certain that milestones are hit, that risks are mitigated, and that internal and external stakeholders are well informed.
You will develop strong relationships with colleagues to positively influence the post production supply chain and increase automation and data-driven decisions. A successful candidate will be someone who is impactful, a proactive thinker, is curious about a variety of production and support disciplines, and challenges prevailing assumptions to help us create new and improved workflows.
This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires an effective communicator who is able to exercise good judgement and demonstrates initiative. Applicants should be ready to embark in blue sky science, gazing into the future of filmmaking, all while determining practical applications that can apply back to Netflix's core production offerings.
As Manager of the Media Services team you will:
• Own the strategic planning, prioritization and implementation of screening asset tools and services as you ensure they will scale with the business.
• Establish, oversee and operationalize in-sourced media solutions within the studio.
• Innovate with and support our post production and creative partners to create new workflows and spur efficiency in a global operation.
• Increasingly drive post production workflows in-band within the Netflix ecosystem.
• Build strong bridges with cross functional partners and demonstrate the value the Media Services team provides.
• Effectively communicate context and priorities within your team and with stakeholders.
• Inspire your team with the vision of the larger organization and illustrate how their work contributes to our business goals.
• Mentor your team in their development, matching them to opportunities and providing consistent feedback, empowering the leaders on your team.
• Support your team as their escalation resource and remove any roadblocks in their way.
• Encourage and model risk-taking, data-informed decision making in pursuit of constant innovation.
• Create operational improvement measured through key performance indicators.
• Minimum of 10 years of post production experience in a supervisory role. Studio experience a plus.
• Knowledge of multiple post production disciplines and workflows, including Dolby Vision picture finishing, Digital Cinema mastering, post-theatrical mastering, IMF authoring and picture/audio quality control.
• Experience managing people and organizations. Experience managing technical operators and/or a post production shop-floor a plus.
• Proficiency managing relationships across internal teams with diverse focusses as well as external partners. History of managing a client services team a plus.
• Practice instituting quality management frameworks that drives constant process improvement and produces results.
• Ability to institute information security best practices.
• Skilled at identifying opportunities to improve outcomes and increase the efficiency of asset creation, then develop the analysis needed to review these opportunities with leadership teams.
• A proven track record of improving operations, collaborating with product and engineering teams to develop automated solutions, and managing through a data-driven approach.
• Success in leading teams through periods of transformation and driving change.
• Working knowledge of industry vendors.
• Strong organizational skills combined with a proactive mentality.
• Ability to handle a high volume of work.
• Flexibility to respond during off hours for important, timely or urgent items.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
• A curiosity to learn other areas of the business that will better inform yours, with a focus on scaling the operational capability of the organization
• The ability to live the Netflix cultural values.