Manager, Marketing Strategy - IT / Es
Full Time Job
It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment. With over 200 million streaming subscribers in over 190 countries, our approach to Marketing is to defy convention, disrupt industry norms and break new ground through innovative, culturally relevant, breakthrough campaigns that pierce the zeitgeist and drive conversation.
As our international presence increases, the Marketing organization requires close partnerships in order to define and implement a strategy that is both locally relevant and globally aligned. The Marketing Strategy team is a global team with regional presence across the globe. It acts as the main partner for Marketing in providing data-driven insights that guide our local strategy and in implementing global projects aimed at operational efficiency. We are looking for a Manager to join our Marketing Strategy team in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa). The position will report directly to the Director of Marketing Strategy in EMEA, and will have a focus on Italy and Spain markets. The team is based in Amsterdam, and the preference for this role is to be based in Amsterdam, but Madrid or Rome options can be discussed.
Roles & Responsibilities
• You will contribute to major global initiatives, independently own key workstream from start to finish, and collaborate with cross-functional teams. Your responsibilities will include extracting insights and affecting change
• You will act as the main thought partner to the regional Marketing leadership by providing support in decision making and strategic planning. You will particularly focus on Spain and Italy markets
• You will act as a representative of the region and function in a variety of decision making on topics such as market growth analysis, recommendations for pricing, recommendations for product innovation, collaborating on budgeting, competitive positioning and more
• You will relay complicated insights into actionable insights for non-analytical business partners; develop trusted relationship with senior stakeholders in Netflix marketing leadership
Who are you?
• You are an independent strategist, self-motivating and self-managing, thriving under a high degree of freedom
• You are able to navigate complex operational problems
• You are a confident and decisive communicator with a strong POV
• You are open to receive candid feedback about your performance and see it as a way of growth
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment
• You exemplify the Netflix values, and champion working with strong, diverse, inclusive, and global teams
• You have a passion for innovative and creative Marketing, and enjoy balancing art and science to guide strategy
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar role within Tech, Entertainment, Media, OTT or Management Consulting.
• Strong and influential communicator, both in writing and verbally
• Proven track record of and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing data-driven insights. Must also demonstrate quick learning ability.
• Stakeholder management capabilities are critical; experience in developing, presenting insights to senior stakeholders, and ensure execution, is key to success in this role
• Prior experience in Marketing is a major plus, but not a prerequisite.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with strong academic performance. Master's a plus.
• Fluency in English and either Spanish or Italian is required. A good level in the other language is a strong plus.
A successful candidate will have a strong track record of critical thinking, performing comprehensive analyses independently, and communicating recommendations in a clear, structured and concise way. Knowledge and experience working in Marketing functions is a major plus.