Manager, Marketing Planning & Analysis
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Marketing Planning & Analysis (Marketing Operations)
As Netflix continues to grow, the Marketing Planning & Analysis (MP&A) team is looking for a talented Manager to be the data and strategy partner to our creative marketing team. Netflix derives a significant competitive advantage from the analytical approach it takes to managing all aspects of the business, and this is equally applicable to global marketing efforts. This position will partner closely with marketing leadership to determine how to best combine data-driven strategy with creative expertise to drive strong results for our shows and our brand.
In this role, you will need to be a self-starter with tremendous skill in communicating with cross-functional partners who have different backgrounds, levels, and experiences. A successful candidate will be able to manage complex workstreams that involve multiple stakeholders and build strong relationships across teams.
The position is based in our Los Angeles office and reports into the Marketing Planning & Analysis (MP&A) group. The key stakeholder for this role outside of MP&A is our Marketing Operations team. This team develops, edits, and localizes the marketing assets used to advertise Netflix shows globally (e.g. trailers, billboards, tv spots, digital ads, etc).
• Identifying potential opportunities to improve marketing outcomes and efficiency and developing the analysis needed to review and discuss those opportunities with leadership teams.
• Partnering with our data science team to develop key metrics. How should we measure the value of our marketing assets in comparison to what it costs to produce them? How can we ensure more efficient and effective campaigns going forward?
• Defining the data and information that needs to be captured to measure efficiency and effectiveness, and working with our technical teams to guide the development of internal tools that capture that data.
• Partnering with leaders on the marketing operations team to run strategic planning initiatives like which areas to outsource, how many people to hire, etc.
• Creating thoughtful recommendations based on both data and input from the creative marketing teams and guiding the implementation of those recommendations.
• A successful candidate will have a strong track record of identifying key questions, defining analysis needs, performing and coordinating analysis, and communicating findings in a clear and concise way.
• Must have experience in a highly analytical environment (e.g. corporate strategy, planning and/or analysis, management consulting, investment banking or similarly analytical environment) as well as experience in an operational role.
• Experience building out operational metrics, mapping complex workflows, and working with multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent Excel skills and a proven track record with complex problem solving.
• Demonstrated history managing projects involving a large number of partners and experience working in cross-functional teams. Comfortable with ambiguity and able to frame up key questions and the analyses needed to answer them.
• Strong talent for crafting and presenting data driven analyses and insights to stakeholders of all levels and backgrounds. Ability to translate data analysis into a coherent story and actionable recommendation.
• MBA and people management experience preferred.