Manager, Marketing Legal
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Marketing Legal - Original Films, Docs, Kids and Marketing Partnerships
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. It's an exciting time to work at Netflix!
The Netflix Marketing Legal team is seeking a talented and experienced manager to join its Los Angeles, California based team. This is an exciting opportunity to join the group of attorneys, contract managers and coordinators who support the Original Films, Documentaries and Kids & Family marketing and publicity teams. This individual may also support our Marketing Partnerships team, composed of both title brand partnerships and marketing campaigns with Netflix's distribution partners. In this role, the successful candidate will work with Netflix marketing and publicity teams as well as cross functional legal teams, to advise on rights and restrictions, draft and negotiate contracts including agency and production related agreements, and conduct campaign activation and creative review.
The successful candidate will have:
• 5 years of relevant experience as a paralegal, contracts manager or equivalent. Lawyers may apply, but this is not a Counsel position. In-house experience at a studio/entertainment company or advertising/creative agency is a plus.
• Substantial experience in negotiating and drafting various marketing and content production related agreements (e.g. non-disclosure agreements, agency master services agreements, statements of work, sponsorship, co-promotional and licensing agreements, talent/influencer agreements, and production-related agreements (e.g., production services agreements, appearance releases, location agreements, materials releases).
• Experience reviewing and providing guidance on marketing activations, promotions, talent and influencer agreements, creative review, clearance and rights analysis, credit and guild issues, intellectual property and clearance issues associated with marketing materials for all media, including digital and social media.
• Experience with partnerships (e.g., co-promotions, brand partnerships) and marketing to kids (e.g., familiarity with CARU, COPPA) is a plus.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to thoughtfully yet concisely communicate with legal and non-legal stakeholders.
• Ability to collaborate with and influence cross functional teams and partners in an agile, fast moving environment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment.
• Strategic thinker with strong problem solving skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities efficiently.
• Excellent organizational and records management skills.
• Flexible team player amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
• Willingness to tackle new subjects outside one's area of expertise and take on special projects as the need arises.
• Passion for entertainment, marketing and partnerships.
Last but not least, the successful candidate must be excited about and thrive in our unique company culture.