Manager, Marketing Legal
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 151 million subscribers enjoying great content all over the world, it's an amazing time to work at Netflix. Our legal team seeks an experienced contracts manager to join the Netflix legal team, based in our Los Angeles, California office. This is an exciting and challenging role in a fast-paced environment, working with a group of attorneys, contract managers and coordinators to support the marketing team at Netflix. The successful candidate will negotiate deals and ensure contracts accurately reflect the deal, that they are executed in a timely manner, and will track and communicate to the appropriate team members unique contract provisions.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of digital media. The legal team at Netflix is focused on collaborating with its business partners to help foster innovation. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in new and developing areas.
The successful candidate will have:
• 8 years of entertainment marketing experience as a paralegal, contracts manager or equivalent. In-house experience in a studio/entertainment company or a creative ad agency required with a focus on content/ad creation a plus.
• Substantial experience in negotiating, drafting and interpreting various marketing and production related agreements including non-disclosure agreements, agency master services agreements, statements of work, talent/influencer agreements, event and sponsorship agreements.
• Experience with creative review, rights analysis, credit and guild issues, intellectual property and clearance issues associated with marketing materials.
• Must be excited about and thrive in our unique company culture.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to thoughtfully yet concisely communicate with legal and non-legal stakeholders.
• Ability to collaborate with and influence cross functional teams and partners in an agile, fast moving environment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment.
• Strategic thinker with strong problem solving skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities efficiently.
• Excellent organizational and records management skills.
• Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
• Willingness to tackle new subjects outside area of expertise and take on special projects as the need arises.