Manager, Korean Originals
Full Time Job
Manager, Korean Originals (Creative)
We are seeking an experienced Manager, Korean Originals (Creative) to help build and execute the original slate strategy for Korean productions for the world to watch. This role will carry projects from a creative perspective from pitch / development through to final delivery. Targeted programming will be focused on a broad range of scripted programming from across the Korea in a range of genres, languages, budget ranges in scripted TV through unscripted programming. Responsibilities will include establishing and growing strong partnerships with creative partners in the market to source and commission great content. This role will also work lead the execution of the shows working with internal cross functional partners such as CP&A, Physical and Post Production. VFX, Marketing and Publicity. This position will report to the Director, Content - Korea.
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
A successful candidate will have a strong sense of narrative structure, a regional sensibility and ability to guide a project from pitch/idea through to delivery. They will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities across projects at varying stages from development through to delivery. At all times an unwavering attention to creative detail. They will have excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to think about the best solution in the best interest of the company as they arise. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, is able to exercise sensitivity, good judgment and initiative while working with a high volume production slate and a diverse range of creative/production partners.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Development/Pre Production/Setup of Show
• Work closely with Showrunners, Producers, Writers and external creative team to develop projects and assess for long-term viability
• Work with Finance, Legal, Business Affairs, Product, Post & external production teams on establishing key schedules and workflows while maximizing budget to spend as much on screen as possible
• Develop and foster relationships with a multitude of producing partners/third parties
• BA/BS Degree
• 10 Years experience with long form production executive management both in the field and/or on a network/studio level for series
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment simultaneously supervising several projects in various phases of production (from evaluation to production through delivery)
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly while being an effective communicator
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and gear
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box
• Fluency in English and Korean required