Manager, Kids & Family Digital Publicity
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is looking for a Manager to help spearhead our Digital Publicity efforts at Netflix on our Kids & Family animation slate. The right candidate will have expertise in online publicity, digital marketing, and social media, with a finger on the pulse of what's trending, and working closely with influencers. We need a team player with either deep knowledge or a strong interest in Kids & Family who is eager to work across departments to establish workflows, and best practices and come up with BIG ideas.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, strategic, able to pivot when necessary, and can juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who has a positive attitude and is able to exercise good judgment, takes initiative, and demonstrates strong communication skills.
This position is based in Los Angeles or New York and reports to the Director of Digital Publicity, Films & Series with a dotted line into the Director of Kids & Family Animation Publicity.
• Seek out innovative earned media opportunities with entertainment and social partners including but not limited to Instagram, TikTok, Roblox, and other app-based platforms, including gaming platforms, with a special focus on Series titles.
• Work in tandem with publicity teams to establish specific goals related to talent and showrunner interests. Establish benchmarks for success that are applicable to each project.
• Provide consultation for digital agency press pitching and campaign strategies, including support for screening invites, press days and junkets, specialty events, and more.
• Liaise with Netflix cross-functional teams including Creative Marketing, Strategy, Editorial & Publishing, Events, and Research to create, communicate and implement best practices and workflow for Series campaigns.
• Curate, expand, and develop relationships with entertainment partners and digital influencers for campaign activations and events.
• Contribute to campaign decks and present to senior-level executives, showrunners, and talent.
• Work closely with digital publicity colleagues.
• 8 years experience at a network, agency, or studio, preferably in digitally-oriented positions.
• Experience handling a high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people or departments and simultaneously managing competing priorities
• Existing relationships with entertainment partners, social media platforms, and content creators.
• Ability to identify, develop and help refine compelling and creative ideas. Seek out opportunities that are unique and that serve the business and the brand
• Must possess solid organizational skills and be able to manage time effectively
• Excellent verbal and written skills. Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with internal and external teams
• Proven track record in creating activations in line with current trends in entertainment, digital, marketing, social media, and pop culture
• Be creative and have a point of view. Demonstrate the ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $125,000 - $445,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.