Manager, Internal Communications - Talent
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The internal communications team at Netflix seeks to inspire employees, increase understanding of our business strategy, and support our culture of transparency. We're hiring a manager to partner with our Talent organization, which focuses on our culture and enabling employees to thrive and do the best work of their lives.
This manager will be a critical partner and advisor to our Talent/HR teams – executing and advising on narratives, messaging and the best way to communicate the team's strategic priorities both to leaders and the company at large (10K employees). Specific focus areas include, but are not limited to: the evolution of the Netflix culture, growth and development, feedback, organizational design, compensation, and inclusion.
This role is based out of the Los Angeles OR Los Gatos office and reports to the Director of Internal Communications.
To succeed in this role you will need:
• 10 years of work experience – ideally in communications but open to different backgrounds (e.g. human resources or operations);
• Strategic planner with an ability to design long-term (e.g. 12 months) campaigns, tailored to different audiences;
• A willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get work done;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (you must love writing and storytelling!);
• Strong organizational skills, with an eye for detail;
• To be a trusted partner and advisor to senior leaders;
• Experience creating compelling content and campaigns across a variety of channels and tools (including town halls, newsletters, video, etc.);
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work with a wide variety of internal partners;
• A passion for helping people and a curiosity about different cultures;
• Strong judgment and the ability to challenge established wisdom and work well cross-functionally; and
• A dislike of hierarchy and bureaucracy but also an understanding that some structure - as well as the ability to plan - is needed to effect change;
• A focus on what's best for the business
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $165,000 - $445,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.