Manager, Head Of Clip & Still Licensing
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Great stories come from anywhere and can be watched by members everywhere, and our service enables the world to experience the joy of entertainment wherever and whenever they want.
The successful candidate will lead our newly-formed Clip & Still Licensing initiative, sitting within our Marketing & IP Legal team based in LA. With significant experience in a filmed entertainment studio, production company, or media agency, they will thrive on building innovative and scalable ways to increase efficiency and leverage our valuable IP. They will be highly-organized, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, technology oriented, and able to juggle multiple responsibilities with an unwavering attention to detail. This is a fast-paced role that requires strong business acumen, curiosity and significant initiative. The role requires vision and strategic thinking around workflows and scalable solutions.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy and Innovation
• Build and implement new, scalable workflows for both promotional and non-promotional licensing out of clips/stills from Netflix's growing content and asset libraries.
• Establish and own strategic roadmap for the new initiative, prioritizing most impactful areas to the business.
• Proactively identify workflow/operational pain-points and opportunities; spearhead and socialize innovation and continuous improvements.
• Liaise with broad set of cross-functional partners like Business & Legal Affairs, Content, PR, Marketing, Operations, Knowledge Management, Rights Management, Finance and others on i) identifying/prioritizing clip/still licensing opportunities and workflows ii) implementing solutions and iii) processing requests efficiently and effectively.
• Create, socialize and implement rate cards, license terms, and policies for clip and still licensing.
Management of Clip/Still Requests
• Field a high volume of internal and external clip/still licensing requests, partnering with internal teams to negotiate terms, obtain necessary approvals and flow assets to licensees efficiently and effectively.
• Develop and refine clip/still licensing form agreements to ensure enterprise-wide consistency.
• Draft and negotiate bespoke license requests as required by the business.
• Identify and implement automated solutions, leveraging pre-approved assets, forms and rates.
• Ensure proper license management, upload and tagging into our contracts database.
• Potentially source, evaluate and oversee vendors as needed to support the strategy and operations of the department.
Tracking, Data & Insights
• Collaborate with the Marketing & IP Legal Operations team to configure systems, business processes, and build reports and dashboards based on business requirements.
• Develop insights, including financial insights, from licensing data sets to help inform future strategies.
• Deep clip and still licensing experience in a film entertainment studio, production company, or media agency.
• Established relationships and experience working with archival libraries (Getty, Shutterstock, etc.)
• High level of proficiency building complex databases in Airtable, Google Suite Enterprise.
• Experience negotiating license-out agreements, setting rate cards, and managing large sets of transactions.
• Experience developing, launching and managing complex and sometimes ambiguous projects, with a broad set of stakeholders.
• Proven track record of successful project management from inception to launch.
• Substantial experience in the entertainment or related content-creation industry.
• At least 7 years of related work experience.
• Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Slack, Airtable, rights management databases, and Google Suite.
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines
• Ability to respond positively to change and be receptive to new ideas
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented
• Ability to work across borders with multicultural EQ
• Advocate for inclusion and diversity
• Demonstrated good judgment and strong critical thinking skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $80,000 - $325,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.