Manager, Finance Operations - Marketing
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a stunning leader to manage Finance Operations for Marketing. This position will reside in the company's Los Angeles office and will report to the Director, Finance Operations, who is based in the company's Los Gatos office. The perfect candidate for this role is someone that has an accounting background and experience supporting efficient P2P workflows, can drive innovative process improvements to help us scale, has the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions, can develop strong cross functional relationships with business partners across the company, and is curious / interested in marketing.
The Finance Operations team provides support to cross-functional business partners as follows:
• Business owners -- Embedded resource that understands the nature of the business they are supporting and owns finance related tasks (end to end P2P support from setting up new vendors, reviewing contracts, creating PO's, reviewing invoices, vendor management, etc.)
• Accounts Payable -- Create PO's and provide non-PO invoice coding to enable timely and accurate invoice processing.
• FP&A -- Ensure accurate coding to provide meaningful reporting, help track actuals to budget and communicate any expected variances.
• Accounting -- Help facilitate a timely and accurate month-end close by owning the accrual process and explaining variance drivers.
Qualities We're Looking For:
• 10 years relevant experience
• Role model of the Netflix values - strong in all values and extraordinary at several
• Likely to be meaningful contributor to culture and strategy
• Hire, develop and motivate team members
-Strong judgement and communication around decision making
-Adaptable to change and able to execute effectively
-Flexible - able to understand and work with different styles; provide whatever manager support each individual needs
-Selfless - focus on developing team members and prioritizing what is best for the team vs. individuals; impact is through team success vs. personal success
-Able to build and maintain a strong, inclusive team dynamic
• Ability to cultivate strong relationships with the leaders in the vertical that they manage as well as other cross-functional partners.
-Recognized go to Finance contact for Marketing leaders
-Highly aligned with the other Marketing FinOps managers and act as one team
-Highly aligned with other FinOps / Finance Managers; work collaboratively to solve problems and do what's best for Netflix
• Provide vision for the team
-Identify, prioritize and drive high impact projects
-Able to plan team headcount and ensure cost savings for the company over time
• Subject matter expert in the vertical that they manage (Marketing, Creative, Publicity)
-Be a hands on business partner for some teams in the vertical that they manage
-Able to solve problems and escalations that their team members bring to them
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 130 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Visit our culture description and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.