Manager, Dubbing Title Management
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/10/2021 2:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Manager, Dubbing Title Management jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Dubbing Title Management postings
Full Time Job
Manager, Dubbing Title Management (UCAN - Series)
The Netflix Dubbing Production team is responsible for getting those amazing programs to our growing international audience. Centered around dubbing/VO production, a great team environment, and cutting-edge technology, this group is critical to Netflix's ability to provide the best-localized experience of our great content. With this international expansion, the preservation of creative intent in the production of a localized experience is of utmost importance, what a great time to join Netflix!
As a Dubbing Title Vertical Manager, you will be leading a team responsible for how members experience dubbed audio, ensuring Netflix customers across the globe get the highest quality experience from our localized audio assets. As we continue to add support for new languages and expand our global membership, providing best-in-class localized content is critical to our success.
The Vertical Title Manager will be the main cross-functional contact for their respective content vertical in the UCAN Dubbing Production team. The ideal candidate is experienced in leadership, strategic thinking and thrives in managing a wide slate of expertise while understanding and upholding the strategies and expectations of the Content team through Dubbing Production. You will be overseeing the respective Vertical's coordination and execution of the launch of all dubbed and accessibility audio assets on UCAN titles for both longform and promotional assets.
We are seeking a candidate who is self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on leadership, partnerships, and unwavering attention to detail at all times. Candidates should be able to handle a fast-paced environment managing several team members who are handling Dubbing production (from development through delivery). This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who can have a holistic approach to the vertical while working across all components of Dubbing and in-territory teams to produce Dubbing in up to 36 languages. The leader needs to be a proactive and positive thinker, able to exercise good judgment and initiative for their team.
• Oversee a UCAN vertical team that will be managing multiple large-scale dubbing projects across a wide range of Dubbing partners and languages for originated titles.
• Foster relationships and expertise with Creative teams, to ensure the team is as upstream as possible in title-level conversations to be able to collect context and feedback as it applies to individual UCAN slates.
• Ensure deep and developed relationships with the Content teams are continually upheld and iterated on to deepen their awareness of the impact of dubbing on their content.
• Develop strategic business solutions and creatively apply them to the team's challenges and limitations.
• Maintain tight and consistent alignment with global Dubbing leadership, Global Resource Strategy, Language Production Managers, and Creative Services Innovation.
• Continue to educate, grow and develop their team, keeping them focused on the overall goal of creative and operational excellence of Netflix content.
• Manage the overall vertical slate for their team, utilizing content team signals for measured distribution of titles across each Title Manager.
• Have an interest in the intersection of technology, operations, creativity, and business.
• Delegation of support functions.
• Collaborate with Language Production Managers to ensure alignment and execution of creative best practices.
• A minimum of 5-10 years project management or supervision experience (creative/operations, respectively).
• Ability to inspire trust and team-building skills while creating professional representation on behalf of Netflix.
• Provide innovative thinking around scalable solutions and workflows, constantly questioning existing systems and looking for a better way.
• Highly analytical and able to get to the root cause of a problem; able to creatively figure out a solution or propose changes to existing workflows as required
• A strong understanding of Dubbing workflows and pipelines, including real-time workflows.
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment, supervising several Title Managers and Coordinators who are executing on titles at various points of production (from development through delivery).
• Contribute to the company's culture of curiosity and self-disciplined proactive responsibility as part of the Dubbing team.
• Constantly questioning existing systems and looking for a better way.
• Adept at writing, facilitating, and presenting analyses.
• Fluency in English is mandatory, proficiency in another language is beneficial.