Manager, Deal Management
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Deal Management - Production Strategy & Partnerships
The mission of the Production Planning: Strategy & Partnerships team is to establish meaningful and lasting vendor relationships that will optimize the greater studio in conjunction with its creative vision, protect for resources and flexibility to create exceptional content, and establish a uniform understanding of what data is available to empower informed captains with tools needed to make decisions.
As a Manager of Deal Management, you will be pivotal in Netflix achieving our goal of driving more business to our preferred vendor network. You will own decisions on how the studio can scale significant spend in annual below the line (BTL) production vendor costs to find win-win solutions for Netflix and the vendors we partner with.
In this role you will be impactful by:
• Setting strategy with our vendor network. You will have a knack for identifying and prioritizing items for productions and/or shortcomings in the production vendor sourcing workflow and propose solutions. Further, you'll work closely with the stage expansion and service optimization/equipment relations team to understand issues our productions are experiencing and solve for those via discovery/deals. The ability to listen and ideate based on what you hear is crucial, as is creativity and salesmanship since we don't have established targets yet in this space.
• Collecting, analyzing, and implementing data to find solutions. In this role you will be expected to identify and communicate the ROI of current deals, coupled with information from vendors and productions on issues Netflix faces (i.e. crew gear, vendor consolidation/exclusivity), and evolve our current deal portfolio to increase its impact. In addition to identifying and communicating this information, you'll be tasked with developing an action plan and delegating responsibilities to the team for effective execution.
• Fostering strong partnerships with various teams across the business. You will be highly effective individually and cross functionally, with an ability to thought-partner at all levels to find solutions and have courage to put forth new and/or different ideas. You are a team player who can put ego aside and pull up your sleeves to contribute to the team's success.
• Personifying Netflix culture. Embracing the values of our company can be challenging, but you will rise to the occasion by participating in giving/receiving feedback, prioritizing candor and transparency in your communications, using data and technology to optimize your time, and use your natural curiosity to push yourself out of your comfort zone.
In this role, you will be expected to know:
• Production. You have first hand experience working with budgets relative to camera, grip, lighting and production. You bring a background in production and are familiar with its nuances including but not limited to budgets, sourcing, relationships, labor restrictions and workflows. Having existing relationships with production vendors is a big plus.
• Complex deal structures. You know when to tap in partners from Legal, Finance, Planning, etc. when it comes to the areas that are new to you. You have navigated challenging situations before, and bring that growth-oriented approach to each project you tackle.