Manager - Creative Technologies, EMEA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, a lot of it original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted content.
Optimizing content quality and longevity without compromising efficiency across all types of projects presents significant challenges, but that's what the Creative Technologies & Infrastructure team does by setting technical requirements and best practices, driving new industry standards, consulting on the studio's technical infrastructure, providing direct support to Netflix Original Productions and staying up-to-date with advanced developments in professional and consumer technology. We are subject matter experts who offer varied yet overlapping backgrounds in motion picture production, post-production and distribution - image science, editorial, color correction, image capture, encoding, compression, storage, video, audio... Every day, we collaborate with the crews as well as our internal production, post-production, distribution, marketing, facilities and development teams.
As Netflix creates more and more programming around the world leveraging new video and audio production technology, we are scaling to support the needs of diverse creative teams while continuing to foster industry-wide change.
You are an expert in the technology employed in motion picture production, from image capture to distribution. You understand current workflows, techniques and tools, and how they've developed as technical solutions and creative demands have evolved. You have worked with creatives, production managers, engineers, developers, operators and manufacturers. You keep abreast of developing standards, industry trends and new technologies that are changing or will change how we produce programming. You have ideas and opinions about how to ensure high quality, flexibility and longevity of our content.
As part of the Creative Technologies & Infrastructure group, you will:
• Provide insight into the challenges and opportunities for evolving local production communities' practices, ensuring our efforts are aligned with the objectives of the studio and the needs of the creatives in EMEA.
• Devise and execute strategies to achieve our production goals, improve efficiency and foster the evolution of industry practices.
• Represent the Netflix Creative Technologies group at industry functions, conferences, committee meetings, panels, integrations etc.
• Execute programs to educate various local internal and external teams on Netflix Originals technical specifications and production best practices.
• Act as a technical liaison with European production solutions manufacturers and vendors and foster their relationships with Netflix.
• Identify opportunities presented by new production equipment and their features.
• Support productions' adoption of new formats, practices, frameworks and technology.
• Manage technical projects
• Work cross-functionally with various teams inside Netflix in the capacity of technical advisor.
• 10 years of media & entertainment technology experience.
• Knowledge and participation in industry standards and the bodies that ratify them.
• Deep knowledge of imaging and sound technologies, from capture to finish.
• Knowledge of and relationships with technology solutions, equipment and service vendors in the local entertainment/production space.
• Knowledge of A/V distribution formats and consumer technology.
• The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical concepts and explain how they impact the creative process.
• Confident speaker in one or several of the following, in addition to English: French, Spanish, Italian, German.
• Comfort with regular travel to production and post production sites.
• A passion for the moving image and sound.
• Compulsive curiosity.