Manager, Creative Systems Support, Animation / VFX
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, a lot of it original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted content.
As Netflix creates more and more programming around the world leveraging new video and audio production technology, we are scaling to facilitate the needs of diverse creative teams while continuing to foster industry-wide change. We are also providing direct technology support to artists creating the next great Netflix animated show. We do this by leveraging production software, custom workflows, best in class hardware, and emerging technologies, empowering them to do the best work of their lives.
You are an expert in the technical practices and tools of animation, from development, through layout to compositing and editorial. You have deep experience providing support to artists and other users with a variety of drawing, 3D modeling, offline editorial and other image manipulation tools. You've assembled workstations, storage and network infrastructures to build a creative environment. You are passionate about providing excellent service to users, and making the technology approachable and transparent to them. You keep abreast of developing technology, standards, industry trends and solutions that are changing how we create images and animated content.
Most of all, you are excited by the idea of building an effective, attentive, global technical support team.
As part of the Creative Technologies & Infrastructure group, you will:
• Participate in creating and maintaining a robust, efficient and artist-friendly work environment.
• Provide Tier 2 support for creative systems and software, from industry standard tools to Netflix-developed applications.
• Grow a technical support team to provide first-class service across our animation facilities and pods globally, facilitating 100s of artists.
• Develop system-monitoring and support automation to enhance, and scale, reach and quality of support.
• Look for ways to gather, aggregate, and display data from a variety of systems to inform business decisions
• Collect user feedback and contribute observations to steer tool development and infrastructure plans.
• 5 years of experience supporting artists in the animation/VFX space, for both features and series.
• 3 years of experience managing a technical support team.
• Familiarity with ticketing systems and a history of effectively managing support queues for a team.
• Expertise in networking and storage for media production.
• Expert knowledge of the animation toolset and practices: Adobe CS, Avid, ToonBoom Storyboard Pro, Foundry Flix, and Maya.
• Knowledge of display/monitoring and calibration practices.
• Knowledge of cloud computing and storage, and various public cloud vendors (AWS, Google, Azure).
• The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical concepts and explain how they impact the creative process.
• A passion for the moving image, whether synthetically or photographically generated.
• Compulsive curiosity.
• Knowledge of animation talent, theory, history and styles.
• Experience with Unreal Engine or other game engines a plus.
• Experience with basic audio recording techniques, software and equipment a plus.