Manager Creative Production
Full Time Job
At Netflix, we are reinventing the way people are entertained by both enabling and innovating how visual storytelling is produced, discovered and enjoyed. Netflix provides a platform for stories from different places and different perspectives to reach, connect, and inspire millions of people all over the world.
In this role, you sit at the intersection of content, marketing and product, powering one of the most transformational shifts in the industry.
As the Creative Production Leader of France, you will grow, develop and lead a team that is responsible for contextualizing what is special about the stories on our service. Your team strives to authentically represent the multiple narratives that exist in every story so that our members can discover the stories that they will love. You and your team define and drive the creative and operational strategy for how we represent and launch French films and series and partner with internal and external partners to ensure seamless experience for our French members and beyond.
Key Characteristics Sought:
• You value, understand, and can deliver great experiences for our members
• Approach problems with both a local and global lens
• Build strong partnerships locally, regionally and globally to advocate for the French market needs while seeking broader understanding and best practices
• Have first hand experience working with product/brand/content in France
• Understands that local titles have the power to inspire global phenomena
• Have a strong track record of building and cultivating great locally-oriented teams
• You are equally adept at defining and driving both Creative and Operational Excellence
• Understands the challenges and importance of driving high quality creative work at scale
• Ensures regional and global business context is considered alongside local ambitions to find the sweet spot for the French CP team
• Inspires a multi-discplinary team toward shared goals, objectives, and opportunities
• You are a strong strategic partner to cross-functional leaders
• You are a great bridge with other country teams in the region: equally adept at articulating your own vision while also collaborating to drive market success.
• You are adept at speaking to Product considerations (member first approach, hypotheses forming and experimentation) as well as Marketing/Content concerns (audiences, how to integrate brand into day to day work, storytelling)
• You influence and synthesize functional context and strategy for your teams in a way that best suits CP and the French member experience.
• You are a builder and developer of strong multi-disciplinary teams
• You've grown, managed and evolved teams comprising multiple functions
• You know how to develop and sustain a healthy and inclusive organization
Ideal Candidates Will:
• Bring nuanced and deep local experience to the team which allows you to provide input on local creative and operational strategy from a market perspective while influencing regional and global teams.
• Be an excellent leader who sees the big picture. You know how to inspire your own team through the challenges of a rapidly evolving business in France.
• Be an invaluable colleague to your cross-functional partners by working with them closely to recognize opportunities and synthesize strategy across other countries, regions, and functions.
• Be equally comfortable in ''left brain'' or ''right brain'' problem solving, but be most excited when both are deployed at the same time and understand how to leverage data and insights to push the boundaries of creative excellence.
• Have an eye for compelling creative, inspire and set a high bar for quality, and advocate effectively on behalf of what's best for the member experience.
• Adept at identifying, innovating and developing opportunities for efficiency and increased impact for the team.
• Be a passionately authentic and inclusive leader who will be a great steward of the Netflix culture while also helping it to shape and evolve it over time.
• 8 years experience managing teams (10 full-time employees) in an environment that has had to scale with rapid company and market growth.
• Proven experience building a diverse team: hiring, developing and managing high performers.
• Experience working in the French market, with a nuanced understanding of navigating the local challenges and opportunities while synthesizing regional and global context.
• Comfort working at a company, and in a team, where data and insights are heavily leveraged in decision making. First hand experience with A/B testing is a plus.
• Fluency in French and proficiency in English.
• Experience in managing teams and influencing outcomes in a matrix environment.
• Ability to leverage a strong business, technical or operations background while understanding ''good'' design to help tell meaningful stories to our members.