Manager, Creative Marketing - Drama Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
In this role, you will be responsible for creative ideation, strategic development and ongoing management of comprehensive marketing campaigns for our series titles. Depending on scale, you will be leading the campaign from initial strategy through to final deliverables. With oversight from the director, you will drive the campaign forward, and will often serve as the key contact for show talent and cross-functional partners. You will be a member of a seasoned and nimble group of creative marketing professionals from varied backgrounds who work together to bring forth best-in-class campaigns. The role is based in our Hollywood office.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a proven track record of building world-class creative -- launching global campaigns that connect consumers to entertainment brands and creating a passionate following.
• Has deep knowledge of running a creative campaign, from strategy development to tactical creative execution. Critically, this will include all media and platforms as varied as AV/trailers, original shoot spots, digital/social, print & out-of-home initiatives. A native understanding of digital with an emphasis on mobile, social, video and display is particularly important. Regardless of medium, you know how to tell stories through great ideas, creating 'talkable moments' that drive word of mouth and provoke public joy.
• Is a cross-functional leader who is able to engage, listen and effectively collaborate on strategy and goals. You adjust your approach to suit your audience.
• Knows how to successfully articulate creative strategy and present creative campaigns to executives, creators/showrunners, talent, and talent representatives.
• Is a natural and authentic leader who inspires their fellow team members to level up, take risks and work hard to bring innovative ideas to life.
• Is a proactive self-starter, who does not need to be told what to do and will be a resourceful problem solver. You get your hands dirty and wear multiple hats.
• Is passionate and intellectually curious. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are hungry to explore all aspects of the business.
• Demonstrates strong judgment and the ability to make informed decisions in the face of ambiguity. You put the work before ego and look at the big picture when it comes to making decisions and driving the business.
• Has strong global IQ, experience or exposure to global campaigns.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing and highly demanding environment.
• Is a multitasker. We typically have multiple launch campaigns happening at once, working with many marketing and content partners, both local and global.
• You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge!
• Has an X factor. Team member backgrounds are diverse and include traditional entertainment marketing, digital marketing, PR, branding expertise, social media, agency experience, journalism and more. What might you add to the mix to expand our skill set?
• See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
• Conceive and develop culturally relevant and impactful global campaigns for diverse series that will connect with equally diverse audiences.
• Act as the central cross-functional liaison amongst internal teams (across region-based Marketing teams, PR, Brand Editorial, Creative Marketing Production, and Product (Platform) Marketing), with a focus on managing workflow & communications while being able to socialize, organize and address cross-functional feedback at a global scale.
• Act as the main point of contact with agencies, using excellent communication and leadership skills to help agencies find creative solutions that go beyond the ordinary. Giving feedback, managing the review process, and ensuring that internal conversations are reflected in the creative. A willingness to experiment, take risks and explore new ways to approach common creative challenges.
• Serve as the main point-of-contact for show creators, talent and talent representatives. Develop and manage relationships, communicate overall campaign goals, present creative, and respond to feedback in deliberate and thoughtful ways.
• Manage scope, budget, and overall campaign resources from inception to finish.
• A minimum of 10 years of entertainment marketing experience at an agency, studio, network, or other media-focused company in a leadership role.
• Experience in digital, print, AV and/or social creative that drives buzz, creates narrative, and builds communities. Global experience is a plus.
• Strong strategic thinking. Ability to see beyond the tactics with an eye toward how all the campaign elements build toward a unified whole.
• Very strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• A strong creative sensibility and high-level conceptual thinking. Experience leveraging the power of visuals and storytelling to provoke and engage audiences
• Ability to synthesize strategic goals, assess creative options, and make informed decisions about what path to take. Willingness to take risks and pivot as needs change.
• Experience leading a high volume of campaigns with multiple internal and consumer touch points.
Are you are a creative visionary with strong strategic chops who knows how to leverage the power of storytelling to bring unique concepts to life across multiple platforms and executions? Then read on.
As Netflix continues to reshape global entertainment, our marketing approach aims to defy convention, disrupt industry norms and create outside-the-box, culturally relevant, breakthrough campaigns for our brand and our growing slate of original, exclusive content.
We're looking for a creative self-starter to fill a crucial Manager role on the Drama series team within Creative Marketing. In this role, you will lead the development and launch of innovative traditional, digital and social global marketing campaigns across a range of original series with a focus on dramas, dramedies, and modern soaps. Our slate includes series from some of the best creators working in television, from edgy prestigious originals to stories of mass appeal.