Manager, Creative Infrastructure
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/11/2020 1:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Creative Infrastructure jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Creative Infrastructure postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Creative Infrastructure? The Creative Technologies & Infrastructure team sets technical requirements and best practices for production, drives new industry standards, provides direct support to Netflix Original Productions, and stays up-to-date with advancements in professional and consumer technology that can help evolve how creative work is done. Our engineers and specialists are subject matter experts who offer varied yet overlapping backgrounds in motion picture production, post-production and distribution - image science, editorial, color correction, image capture, encoding, compression, video, audio... Every day, we collaborate with the crews working on our Netflix Original programming as well as our internal physical production, post-production, distribution, marketing, facilities and development teams.
As we scale to support the needs of diverse creative partners while continuing to foster industry-wide change, the Creative Infrastructure team is designing state-of-the-art technical facilities and workflows to support both internal workflows and content production. We are looking for a manager to lead our team of experts, contribute to an ambitious global vision, and advance the quality of the artist experience and its output. This is an opportunity to improve, evolve, or even reinvent, how creative environments are designed, and to present new artistic opportunities. Through collaboration with specialists within the team and across Netflix, the Manager of Creative Infrastructure will redefine how visual storytelling is facilitated.
As part of the Creative Technologies & Infrastructure group, you will:
• Lead and grow a team of experts and technical specialists, attracting top talent to design forward-thinking technical creative spaces and workflows across diverse disciplines (animation, editorial, sound & picture finishing, exhibition).
• Develop and document standard room configurations and workflows.
• Contribute to evolving the practices and technology that are fundamental to image and sound creation, and help shape a vision for Netflix creative facilities.
• Partner with platform, security and infrastructure engineering teams to design solutions that facilitate content creation.
• Support the technical design of Netflix-operated exhibition spaces.
• Partner with internal teams to optimize the user operation and experience of exhibition and creative spaces.
• Investigate and evaluate new equipment, software, tools and techniques to create, deliver and exhibit Netflix programming.
• Demonstrated experience in leading and growing technical teams.
• Extensive experience in design of technical media content creation and theater space or equivalent experience in technical facility design.
• Proven ability to collaborate, partner and facilitate alignment cross-functionally and globally.
• Deep understanding of the creative process and how to support it through technology and tooling.
• Expert understanding of production and post-production workflows, including offline editorial and picture finishing.
• Deep knowledge of common industry tools, standards, production practices and manufacturers.
• Knowledge of common content security practice is a plus!
• Tolerance for ambiguity in a rapidly evolving environment.
• A passion for sound and the moving image. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.