Manager, Creative Infrastructure
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, much of it original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted content.
The Creative Technologies & Infrastructure team sets technical requirements and best practices, drives new industry standards, designs and commissions the studio's technical infrastructure, provides direct support to Netflix Original Productions, and stays up-to-date with advancements in professional and consumer technology that can help evolve how creative work is done. Our engineers and specialists are subject matter experts who offer varied yet overlapping backgrounds in motion picture production, post-production and distribution - image science, editorial, color correction, image capture, encoding, compression, storage, video, audio... Every day, we collaborate with the crews working on our Netflix Original programming as well as our internal production, post-production, distribution, marketing, facilities and development teams.
As we scale to support the needs of diverse creative partners while continuing to foster industry-wide change, the Creative Infrastructure team is building state-of-the-art technical facilities to support both internal workflows and content production. We are looking for a leader to shape and execute a global and ambitious vision that advances the quality of the artist experience and its output. This is an opportunity to improve, evolve, or even reinvent, how creative environments are designed, equipped and operated to improve local and global collaboration, as well as present new artistic opportunities. Through collaboration with specialists within your team and across Netflix, the Manager of Creative Infrastructure will redefine how visual storytelling is facilitated.
As part of the Creative Technologies & Infrastructure group, you will:
• Lead and grow a team of engineers and technical specialists, attracting top talent to design, deliver and support forward-thinking technical and creative spaces across diverse disciplines (animation, editorial, sound & picture creation, exhibition).
• Contribute to evolving the practices and technology that are fundamental to image and sound creation, and to shaping a vision for Netflix creative facilities.
• Drive innovation and optimization of worldwide technical facilities support.
• Partner with platform, security and network engineering teams to design a global solution to facilitating content creation.
• Lead the technical and experience design of Netflix-operated exhibition spaces.
• Partner with internal teams to optimize the user operation and experience of exhibition and creative spaces.
• Investigate and evaluate new equipment, systems, solutions and techniques to create, deliver and exhibit Netflix programming.
• Demonstrated experience in leading and growing technical teams, as well as mentorship.
• Extensive experience in programming, design, construction, commissioning and delivery of technical media content creation and theater space or equivalent experience in technology facility design and build.
• Proven ability to collaborate, partner and facilitate alignment cross-functionally and globally.
• Strong business acumen and exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Deep understanding of the creative process and how to support it through technology and infrastructure.
• Experience with leveraging cloud compute and storage for decentralized media creation and management.
• Understanding of production and post-production workflows.
• Knowledge of common industry tools, standards, production practices and manufacturers.
• Knowledge of common content security practice is a plus!
• Tolerance for ambiguity in rapidly evolving environment.
• A passion for sound and the moving image.