Manager / Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs
Full Time Job
Manager/Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs (Brazil)
With over 150 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our global efforts have brought Netflix around the world to virtually all countries and we're excited to bring even more of our programming to our viewers everywhere.
Netflix seeks a seasoned production and distribution attorney to help support and grow our Brazilian licensing and original production efforts (e.g., 3%, Coisa Mais Linda, Samantha!). Based in Alphaville, São Paulo, the successful candidate will work as part of the Business & Legal Affairs teams to help grow the slate of Netflix original content as well as licensed content for global distribution. The ideal candidate will have direct experience in licensing (negotiating and drafting agreements) and production legal (working with local producers and talents). This role requires creative thinking and good judgment, ease with exploring new business models, flexibility to quickly pivot within a strategy, and the comfort to counsel business partners, collaborate with global colleagues and independently make decisions that have both legal and business impact.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of broad-based entertainment experience in Brazil with both the legal and business aspects of multiple formats of audiovisual productions as well as licensing and distribution. Fluency in English and Portuguese are requirements for this role. Experience in music rights are a plus.
Equally important, the successful candidate is excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Strong communication skills (candor, honesty, clarity)
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think pragmatically and be solution-oriented
• Adaptable negotiation style
• Passion for Netflix's international strategy
• Comfortable traveling internationally