Manager, Content Strategy & Analysis
Full Time Job
Manager, Content Strategy & Analysis - Korea / APAC
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 130 million streaming members in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Netflix launched in Asia in 2016 and we have since been growing our investment in local content. As Netflix continues to grow and expand, we are looking for a talented team member to support Content Strategy & Analysis in the Asia Pacific region (APAC). Content Creative and Content Acquisition team leadership relies heavily on the CS&A team to inform important business decisions with actionable data-driven insights.
The Content Strategy & Analysis team is looking for a Manager to lead Strategic and Financial Analysis for our Korean content initiative. The team needs a self-starter, who is able to work effectively, autonomously and drive projects to oversee the growth of the Korean market. Working closely with the Business Affairs and Creative teams, the team is primarily responsible for deal valuation, programming strategy and analytics, competitive analysis and user behavioral analysis.
This person will have a high degree of visibility with senior management within the organization. Senior leadership depends heavily on the Content Strategy & Analysis group to accurately model and forecast the business as well as lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform important business decisions, such as the management of our Korean content investment model.
This role will reside in Netflix's Seoul office and involves close coordination with members of the CS&A team in both Asia and the US. You will report to the Director, Content Strategy & Analysis for APAC, based in Singapore, and will be a key thought partner and go-to person for the Content Directors of Netflix's Asian markets, and the APAC Content VP.
• Lead deal analysis and valuation of new projects in partnership with the Creative and Business Affairs teams
• Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
• Develop a deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities
• Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
• Develop and manage associate(s) on the team: establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback
• Work cross-functionally with other CS&A teams globally as well as Product, Marketing, Consumer Insights, and Business Development teams
• 6-9 years of experience in finance, strategy, and/or consulting roles. For candidates with MBAs, typically we would look at candidates with 1-4 years post-MBA experience
• Expertise in the entertainment industry (having worked in a studio, production company, agency, distributor) is a plus, though not required
• Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
• Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, e.g. financial modeling skills
• The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. He or she must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly ''roll up their sleeves'' to perform more routine tasks in the same day that they are asked to prepare analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation. MBA preferred but not required.
• English language fluency mandatory, Korean language preferred but not required.