Manager, Content Strategy & Analysis - Global Licensing
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Netflix, we focus on tailoring our service to the tastes and preferences of our members throughout the world. In 2018, Netflix will spend billions of dollars on acquiring and programming TV shows and movies in every window for every taste -- from brand new, never-before-seen Originals to timeless classics that are watched over and over again. In order to build the best entertainment service in the world, we look for the best and brightest to drive the analytics for strategic business decisions. Netflix operates a financially complex business and believes that it derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing the company.
The Content Strategy & Analysis team is looking for a Manager to lead Strategic and Financial Analysis for content licensed from our Major Studio partners. Working closely with the Content Acquisition teams, the team is primarily responsible for deal valuation, programming strategy and analytics, competitive analysis and user behavioral analysis.
This person will have a high degree of visibility with senior management within the organization. Senior leadership depends heavily on the Content Strategy & Analysis group to accurately model and forecast the business as well as lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform important business decisions.
This role will reside in Netflix's Los Angeles office.
• Lead deal analysis and valuation of new projects in partnership with the Content Acquisition teams
• Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
• Develop deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities
• Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
• Develop and manage associate(s) on the team: establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback
• 6-9 years of experience in finance, strategy, and/or consulting roles. For candidates with MBAs, typically we would look at candidates with 1-3 years post-MBA experience
• Expertise in the TV content (having worked in a studio, production company, agency, distributor, network) is a plus though not required
• Strong communication/presentation skills with track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
• Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
• The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. He or she must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly ''roll up their sleeves'' to perform more routine tasks in the same day that they are asked to prepare analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation. MBA a plus but not required.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check on you prior to starting with us.