Manager, Content Policy
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Content Policy (Research & Insights)
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
About the Role:
The Public Policy team at Netflix engages with policymakers, regulators, and government bodies in order to tell Netflix's story and advocate for Netflix's interests in the policymaking process. The team also acts as a strategic partner to our internal business groups by helping them navigate the policy world. The Content Policy team partners with the teams that develop, acquire, and oversee production of Netflix's film and TV content to provide insight into and advice about how that content might be perceived globally and by global policymakers, taking into account cultural, governmental, religious, and other sensitivities.
Netflix is looking for a Manager and global content insights lead to join its growing Content Policy team. The focus of this role is to impactfully engage in our ongoing understanding of global sensitivities in content, digging deep into cultural and local perceptions and expectations relating to content. This role requires a deep understanding of both the entertainment and policy landscapes, and provides the opportunity to make an impact by bringing together creative expression and complex cultural and societal norms. This person will help develop and execute strategy for the team that is responsible for guidelines surrounding sensitive content by conducting and analyzing research on local norms and values, evaluating the intersection of entertainment and political and social standards in different territories around the world, collaborating with others on the policy team to engage with external stakeholders globally, and supporting our creative partners in the goal of mitigating the impact of censorship and successfully launching titles around the world. We are looking for someone who thinks creatively, develops solutions, can juggle multiple projects, and is eager to learn.
The successful candidate will:
• Have excellent research and analytical skills
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have strong analytical, strategic and creative capabilities and judgment
• Be able to collaborate with and influence cross functional teams and partners in an agile, fast moving environment
• Have at least 7 years of professional experience in the global content landscape, and a strong understanding of content sensitivities
• Be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary
• Be a strategic thinker with strong problem solving skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities skillfully
• Be thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities
• Have experience in managing multiple projects on tight deadlines
• Fluent in oral/written language other than English
• Global experience