Manager - Content Amortization and Forecasting
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows, Netflix is available to over 167 million paid members around the world. Are you a connoisseur of big data? Do you enjoy finding efficient ways to analyze data through the creation of powerful tools and apps? Does having a tangible impact on Netflix's success appeal to you? If you answered yes, then we'd love to have you join our stunning colleagues in Los Angeles who want to contribute to Netflix's incredible growth!
The Content Financial Controllership team is looking for a Manager to lead and focus efforts that determine our actual and forecast of content amortization policies and patterns using based upon an in-depth analysis of our viewing data. This role is the primary point of contact for senior management and external auditors for content amortization and its related financial policies. This is a critical role as content amortization is one of our critical accounting estimates and our largest cost.
The Manager of Content Amortization and Forecasting reports to the VP Content Controller in Los Angeles. Here are linkouts for more information about our content amortization and the Netflix culture.
• Be the lead on the determination and coordination of the cross functional assessment and planning of content amortization between Content Accounting, Content Planning and Analysis, Data Science & Engineering and external auditors.
• Prepare and create models and analysis to support current and future amortization patterns for all streaming content including metrics and analytics to identify and explain trends and scenarios planning.
• Preparation of reporting to senior management and external auditors.
• 8-10 years finance experience which includes financial planning, analysis & modeling rooted in a strong understanding of accounting.
• Experience in public accounting and/or management consulting backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance and/or economics.
• Entertainment experience (experience with Financial Ultimates) is not required but preferred.
• A strong comfort level with analyzing large datasets and drawing meaningful conclusions from them.
• Strong communication skills (written and oral) and judgement that is used to influence and contribute significant estimates.
• You always challenge the status quo by highlighting new trends, improving existing processes or are open to sourcing those ideas from your colleagues.
• You understand how to balance necessary work under established deadlines while managing multiple deliverables, and building outstanding cross-functional partnerships with teams in different locations.