Manager, Content Acquisition, Kids & Family
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 100 million subscribers in more than 190 countries, there has never been a better time to work at Netflix and particularly within its kids and family team, one of the fastest growing and most exciting areas of the company. As a member of the global kids & family content team, this person will be responsible for identifying and executing acquisitions and co-productions from production companies and independent producers and distributors all over the world. S/he will report to the Director of Kids & Family Content Acquisition providing critical support in content sourcing, managing relationships with content providers and negotiating deals.
• Demonstrated love for and understanding of children's video content
• Core expertise in programming, acquisitions or distribution of kids television and features
• Experience in negotiating high level SVOD or television licensing and co-commission deals
• Strong relationships with the world's leading kids production companies and distributors
• Ability to clearly and thoughtfully articulate feedback on projects for internal and external audiences
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
• Excellent communication skills
• Relationship and negotiation skills
• Ability to effectively multitask at a high performance level
• Team player
• Ability to work independently and change direction frequently
• Ability to manage and process detailed information while keeping perspective on the bigger picture
• Identify children and family content for acquisition on a both a second-run and first-run basis
• Take pitches, review creative materials and provide input for co-productions
• Participate in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract drafting, security requirements, amendments)
• Represent Kids & Family Content team's interests across the company (operations, legal, finance, business intelligence/reporting, content marketing)
• Manage and evaluate kids content through performance tracking, relationship cultivation, and research in local markets in an effort to find new talent, shows and films that engage our users
• Communicate market trends and new content opportunities to internal and external partners
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
• BA/BS required, MBA preferred but not required.
• At least 10 years of work experience is required with at least 5 years of negotiation/sales experience.
• Live action or animation production experience a plus (but not required)
• Prior international television, studio, content development or media-focused technology experience required.