Manager, Content Accounting
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. Have you ever wondered how we account for content in our financial statements? Are you curious and invested in how to automate workflows for Accounting? Do you enjoy managing and analyzing large data that is used in critical business decisions? If yes, we are looking for you to join other stunning colleagues in Los Angeles who share a passion to continue to build the premiere entertainment company in the world that is powered by technology.
This role will work closely with the Director of Content Accounting to oversee all aspects of accounting for content including monthly/quarterly close, providing guidance to senior cross-functional business partners and mentoring/developing a team. This opportunity gives you the chance to join a team that is committed to transforming the perception of what entertainment is and how it can be enjoyed through the Netflix service or other off Netflix service distribution. With continued investment in a slate of content including original productions, content licensing, and international expansion, it's a great time for you to join Netflix.
• Lead an Accounting team based in Los Angeles that is responsible for the financial integrity of the company's content commitments, assets (capitalization), liabilities (payments), and expenses (amortization).
• Review and documentation of content agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
• Maintain relationships with cross-functional teams including FP&A, production finance, business affairs and Legal.
• Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, system design and core accounting framework and management reporting.
• Review monthly close of all aspects of content , including internal and external reporting. You will always be iterating towards making this process scalable and informative.
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
• BA/BS in Accounting and a minimum of 8 years experience (with at least 3 recent years people management/supervisory experience).
• A mix of public accounting and private industry experience is required and a CPA is highly preferred.
• Entertainment experience is not required, but you must have a strong accounting background and are comfortable navigating technical accounting guidance.
• You have strong communication skills (both written and oral) and are viewed as a strong cross-functional business partner.
• You are a proven mentor and a strong leader.
• You are never satisfied with the status quo; you are always thinking of how to make existing processes better (more efficient and meaningful) and you are open to new or challenging ideas as presented by others.
• You have keen judgment, make sound independent decisions, and know how to listen to others, prioritize issues and when to escalate matters.
• You are comfortable with analyzing data to make informed conclusions. You are curious and deeply invested in learning about things beyond your own area of responsibility.