Manager, Consumer PR - Mexico
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a talented Public Relations professional who is an expert in understanding the different cultures & idiosyncrasies of Mexico. Passion for entertainment and a desire to connect people to amazing content is a must.
It's not often there's an opportunity to help define media strategy through one of the most important markets in the world for a fast growing and highly admired company. Fueled by consumer delight in being able to watch instantly unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix subscriber growth has been enormous in recent years with the company now offering its service to over 117 million members in over 190 countries .
Our upside potential has never been greater – both domestically and internationally – and there's never been a more promising time to join Netflix.
The PR Media Relations Manager will help build the Netflix brand and its service in Mexico, making use of multiple earned media channels, including broadcast, print, and online. He/She will be a critical link between agencies in specific countries and Netflix in promoting Netflix as a Brand including how we fit into people's lives through our content, our technology and our unique service.
In addition, the Manager must:
• Manage, ensure effective and efficient implementation and analyzes the impact of PR programs in Mexico including Consumer, Entertainment & Technology initiatives.
• Excellence in Project Management. – understands what does it take to build a project, campaign or initiative starting with strategy, through execution and overseeing the recording of results
• Understand how to build and maintain relationships with key journalists and different kind of influencers on behalf of Netflix
• Acknowledges the importance of partnering with agencies in the region and manages teams in several countries simultaneously
• Be deeply familiar with, and enthusiastically curious about, technology, intellectual property, privacy and other Web issues.
• Is familiar with Social Media, Marketing and Development of Materials and provides insight to different internal local teams on potential PR opportunities around Content & Marketing initiatives.
• Understands the importance of accurate budgeting and reporting
• US Hispanic media relations is a plus
The successful candidate for the Media Relations role will likely possess 8 years in corporate or agency settings. Of particular interest are candidates with Broad knowledge of TV, entertainment, pop culture & lifestyle trends, etc. in general and Latin America.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Doesn't need to ''check with the agency'' on every issue or for every
answer. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A smart minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex- and will resist and prevent that. Does not need or desire big budgets for big results. Believes one great person on the team is more valuable than 3 to 5 OK people- and wants to be that great person.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes.
Ability to speak/write in Spanish & English is essential; Portuguese is a plus.
Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.
Realizing the importance of the position, Netflix will offer an attractive compensation package.
The Manager reports to the Director – Latin America Media Relations.