Manager, Consumer PR - Global Brand
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's not often there's an opportunity to help define brand media strategy for a fast growing and highly admired company. Fueled by consumer delight in being able to instantly watch unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix subscriber growth has been enormous in recent years with the company now offering its service to more than 117 million members across the globe. Our upside potential has never been greater, and there's never been a more promising time to join Netflix.
The Manager, Consumer PR, Global Brand will be a member of a seasoned group of professionals helping formulate, execute, and sustain a global media strategy for Netflix. The Communications function is viewed as strategically critical to building on the company's already impressive success in a fast-changing, highly competitive global media landscape.
The Manager will play a critical role on the team responsible for developing press stories, narratives, and campaigns around the role Netflix plays in transforming entertainment. The members of this team will develop the ideas and strategies to be executed by teams in the regions. This role requires international expertise, a fluency around our content, and a strategic mind that can take data and insights to create meaningful PR campaigns. The role will also work closely with our social media, tech PR, publicity and brand marketing teams. Expertise creating campaigns that work across all disciplines, that are regionally sensitive and deliver on the brand promise is key.
In addition, the Manager must:
• Have played a role in managing big, long-term campaigns for major entertainment or lifestyle brands.
• Have experience working on global teams and managing global PR campaigns.
• Love brands, appreciate a good brief, and understand what to do with a genuine insight.
• Have a strong track record working with top tier media and influencers, and understand international nuances and sensitivities.
• Have experience managing agencies or deep experience within agencies working across multiple pieces of business and managing a team.
• Be fluent in social media and marketing in order to partner effectively with these groups on campaigns.
• Have experience promoting or launching TV shows or consumer products.
• Experience working in retail, lifestyle, entertainment and consumer technology industries.
• Be capable of serving as a company spokesperson.
• Be confident and creative in their writing, capable of crafting everything from executive messaging to consumer facing newsletters, press releases and everything in between.
• Be able to write and own actionable communications project briefs, seeing the whole process through from start to finish.
• Really love entertainment... being a TV, and movie or Netflix junkie is even better.
The successful candidate will likely have 5 -10 years of experience in-house, agency and/or studio settings. Experience working at or with an agency is a must. Of particular interest are candidates with backgrounds in family entertainment, retail or silicon-valley/tech brands who are used to working in a fast-paced environment that requires agility, selflessness and intense focus.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• Creative: Demonstrated ability to think innovatively connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
• Succinct Communicator: Great writer and talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Doesn't need to "check with the agency" on every issue or for every answer. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
• Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed: Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
• A smart minimalist: Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that. Does not need or desire big budgets for big results. Believes one great person on the team is more valuable than 3 to 5 OK people---and wants to be that great person.
• Has a Point of View: An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
• Pace & Flexibility: Moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can handle a rapidly changing environment, change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes.
• Languages: Ability to speak/write English. Any additional languages a plus.
• Travel: Able to travel around the world as projects require.
The Netflix culture attracts daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and curiosity. Read the culture memo. If it resonates for you, maybe you're the right person to join our dream team.