Manager, Consumer Claims and Law Enforcement
Full Time Job
Netflix is looking for an experienced professional to manage consumer litigation and respond to inquiries from consumer regulatory agencies in Brazil. As a legal manager, you will perform legal administrative tasks, investigate claims, and align with different teams to define the strategy for the consumer litigation strategy.
The ideal candidate has a ''hands-on'' attitude and welcomes the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative organization that values high performance and is built around a culture of freedom and responsibility.
Being an attorney is not mandatory for this Legal Ops role.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Portuguese (please apply in English);
• 7-10 years of substantial experience in consumer litigation or as legal manager/director at a multinational company or law firm;
• Ability to work proactively, independently with little guidance and reliably under tight schedules in a very fast-paced environment, with competing priorities;
• Solution-driven mindset and the ability to think strategically but also to use good judgment to escalate issues when needed;
• Flexibility and willingness to provide administrative support on a broad range of legal matters;
• Great interpersonal skills and ability to build networks to facilitate communication and alignment between different teams;
• Flexibility to work across different time zones to connect with international teams;
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise;
• Log, review and timely escalate matters as needed to facilitate proper handling of consumer litigation;
• Handle all phases of consumer litigation including service, validation of legal documents, research and investigation of the claim, information gathering, to drafting a response;
• Research and draft responses to escalated questions and issues raised by customers, customers' attorneys, and other representatives;
• Engage, negotiate rates, and manage outside counsel (includes reviewing documentation and responses provided by outside counsel )as required for legal proceedings;
• Maintain and update internal documentation regarding consumer litigation compliance including case-specific documents, as well as summaries of legal research, approach to issues and/or regulators, responses to customers, and metrics;
• Work closely with engineering and product teams across the company to help develop and test relevant tools;
• Organize, log, and maintain accurate data regarding the volume and types of consumer claims for reporting purposes and to drive product and customer experience improvements;
• Perform various administrative tasks and backup support for general litigation, regulatory, and law enforcement team as needed;
We embrace our high-performance culture so we're looking for a history of outstanding accomplishment and a willingness to lead in the face of ambiguity. If you like to think big, move fast and build cutting edge solutions with outstanding colleagues, we'd like to talk with you.