Manager, Consumer Claims and Law Enforcement
Full Time Job
With over 167 million streaming members in 190 countries, Netflix has been on the leading edge of a deep transformation in the entertainment business. As Netflix expands, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunities. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
Netflix is looking for an experienced professional to manage consumer litigation and respond to inquiries from consumer regulatory agencies in Brazil. As a legal manager, you will perform legal administrative tasks, investigate claims, and align with different teams to define the strategy for the consumer litigation strategy.
The ideal candidate has a ''hands-on'' attitude and welcomes the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative organization that values high performance and is built around a culture of freedom and responsibility.
Being an attorney is not mandatory for this Legal Ops role.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Portuguese (please apply in English);
• 7-10 years of substantial experience in consumer litigation or as legal manager/director at a multinational company or law firm;
• Ability to work proactively, independently with little guidance and reliably under tight schedules in a very fast-paced environment, with competing priorities;
• Solution-driven mindset and the ability to think strategically but also to use good judgment to escalate issues when needed;
• Flexibility and willingness to provide administrative support on a broad range of legal matters;
• Great interpersonal skills and ability to build networks to facilitate communication and alignment between different teams;
• Flexibility to work across different time zones to connect with international teams;
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise;
• Log, review and timely escalate matters as needed to facilitate proper handling of consumer litigation;
• Handle all phases of consumer litigation including service, validation of legal documents, research and investigation of the claim, information gathering, to drafting a response;
• Research and draft responses to escalated questions and issues raised by customers, customers' attorneys, and other representatives;
• Engage, negotiate rates, and manage outside counsel (includes reviewing documentation and responses provided by outside counsel )as required for legal proceedings;
• Maintain and update internal documentation regarding consumer litigation compliance including case-specific documents, as well as summaries of legal research, approach to issues and/or regulators, responses to customers, and metrics;
• Work closely with engineering and product teams across the company to help develop and test relevant tools;
• Organize, log, and maintain accurate data regarding the volume and types of consumer claims for reporting purposes and to drive product and customer experience improvements;
• Perform various administrative tasks and backup support for general litigation, regulatory, and law enforcement team as needed;
We embrace our high-performance culture so we're looking for a history of outstanding accomplishment and a willingness to lead in the face of ambiguity. If you like to think big, move fast and build cutting edge solutions with outstanding colleagues, we'd like to talk with you.