Manager, Business & Legal Affairs
Full Time Job
Manager, Business & Legal Affairs, Original Studio Films - UK
Netflix seeks an experienced Manager to join the Original Studio Films Business and Legal Affairs team based in our London office to focus on day-to-day production matters related to Netflix film productions in the UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing matters that arise throughout the production process and for collaborating with internal teams to coordinate, draft and review agreements necessary to produce Netflix's slate of high-profile film projects. This is an opportunity to be part of a growing, global company and to help Netflix shape the future of television and film.
• Drafting and reviewing below the line and third party production agreements (e.g., physical production department head agreements; certificates of engagement; episodic director agreements; vendor/rental agreements, equipment rental agreements, aviation & drone rental agreements, watercraft agreements; location agreements, stage/facilities leases; post production agreements and visual effects agreements).
• Drafting forms for use in connection with production related issues.
• Assisting in preparation of production documents for submission in connection with tax credit applications.
• Working with producers and production personnel on Netflix's Original Film productions regarding day-to-day legal issues during prep, principal and post-production.
• Working cross functionally with Netflix's various internal partners including the Production, Business, Finance, Risk Management teams to maintain alignment and facilitate communication between departments.
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary.
• The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree or equivalent, and at least 3 years of legal experience in film or television production.
• LLB preferred, but not required.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively coordinate between cross-functional teams. Tech-savvy individual and quick to adapt to new or changing systems.
• Comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts. Adept at developing and fostering relationships with counterparts within the relevant production communities; knowledge of the film or television landscape is a plus but not required.
• Good judgment and strong critical thinking skills. Ability to respond positively to change and be respectful of new ideas.
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines.
• Proven track record of improving team organization and efficiency.
• Research experience a plus, but not required.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• Ability to embrace and advocate for cultural diversity.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.