Manager, Business & Legal Affairs, Studio Operations and Partnerships
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/16/2021 8:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Business & Legal Affairs, Studio Operations and Partnerships jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Business & Legal Affairs, Studio Operations and Partnerships postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Business & Legal Affairs, Studio Operations and Partnerships?
Full Time Job
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix is seeking a Manager, Business & Legal Affairs, Studio Operations and Partnerships.
The rapidly growing Studio Operations and Partnerships team within the Content Legal organization at Netflix encompasses visual effects (VFX), post-production, dubbing, content and product globalization, studio infrastructure, virtual production, physical production, and is quickly expanding into additional studio functions. To support these efforts, we are seeking an exceptional and experienced legal professional to be our Manager of Business & Legal Affairs.
The Manager will work closely with the Post-Production/Production Planning, VFX/Virtual Production, and Dubbing/Globalization Business & Legal Affairs teams to provide transactional high-level paralegal support, legal operations coordination, and organizational efficiency. This support will include: recognizing the need for contract forms, trackers and legal administration; drafting master service agreements, quitclaims, statements of work, and other basic legal documents; liaising with internal business partners to gather information necessary for contract negotiations and legal vetting; tracking the execution of documents and arranging for timely renewals and amendments for existing agreements; conducting periodic reviews of vendor forms to ensure ongoing compliance with Netflix and legal requirements; and establishing and formulating workflows and RACIs to facilitate smooth collaboration with internal partners. The Manager will work cross-functionally with the many teams that make and use creative assets across all content genres.
The successful candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, growing team, and will exhibit excellent judgment in execution. This person will thrive in an environment that values thoughtful efficiency over blind adherence to process, and they will be comfortable engaging and networking with our global, multicultural and multilingual colleagues around the world.
This candidate must:
• be one of the following: paralegal or legal professional with 8 years contract administration and drafting experience; or business affairs professional with 5 years solid negotiation experience at a VFX, post-production or dubbing facility;
• be familiar with either the vendor and supply-chain space, or filmed entertainment production, digital production, post-production, and dubbing;
• be familiar and comfortable working with global business and cultures;
• possess outstanding written communication, contract drafting, negotiation skills, and internal networking abilities;
• demonstrate substantive knowledge of contract law principles;
• strong organizational and project management skills, allowing many projects to keep moving simultaneously; and
• solid foundation and willingness to learn about administrative tools and management databases.
The successful candidate will also possess the following abilities and traits:
• the ability to maintain a team-oriented approach while also making independent decisions under tight deadlines with imperfect information;
• the ability to discern when ''process'' is an encumbrance and when it is an efficiency driver;
• a solution-oriented mindset;
• the willingness to tackle matters, and the capacity to contribute effectively, outside one's area of expertise;
• the willingness to adapt and to embrace change with enthusiasm;
• the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions, and the insight to suggest better approaches;
• a knack for making connections that other miss;
• a default approach that favors sharing information openly and proactively;
• experience working with external legal management tools (e.g., iManage, Evisort) and internal proprietary technology tooling; and
• language skills in addition to English (not required, but a strong plus).