Manager, Business & Legal Affairs, Original Content
Full Time Job
Manager, Business & Legal Affairs, Original Content - EMEA
Netflix seeks an experienced Manager to join the Business and Legal affairs team based in our Amsterdam office to focus on day-to-day production matters related to Netflix Original Content productions in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing matters that arise throughout the production process and for collaborating with internal teams to coordinate, draft and review agreements necessary to produce the Netflix's slate of high-profile series and film projects. This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of television and film.
• The successful candidate will have a undergraduate degree and at least 3 years of legal experience in television or film production.
• LLB preferred, but not required.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively coordinate between cross-functional teams.
• Tech-savvy individual, including proficiency with Google Suite and cloud-based document and database systems.
• Comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts.
• Adept at developing and fostering relationships with counterparts within the relevant production communities, though knowledge of the international television landscape is a plus but not required.
• Good judgment and strong critical thinking skills.
• Ability to respond positively to change and be respective of new ideas.
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines.
• Proven track record of improving team organization and efficiency.
• Research experience a plus, but not required.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
• Ability to embrace and advocate for cultural diversity.
• Drafting and reviewing below the line production and third party agreements (e.g., physical production department head agreements; certificates of engagement; episodic director agreements; vendor/rental agreements, equipment rental agreements, aviation & drone rental agreements, watercraft agreements; location agreements, stage/facilities leases; post production agreements and visual effects agreements)
• Drafting forms for use in connection with production related issues.
• Assist in preparation of production documents for submission to tax credits applications.
• Work with the producers and production personnel on Netflix's Original Content productions regarding day-to-day legal issues during prep, principal and post-production.
• Working cross functionally with Netflix's various internal partners including the Production, Business, Finance, Risk Management teams to maintain alignment and facilitate communication between departments.
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.