Manager, Animation Post Services
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/16/2021 12:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Manager, Animation Post Services jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Animation Post Services postings
Full Time Job
As Netflix continues to produce amazing content all over the world, we are also focused on creating the best services, facilities, and experiences for our filmmakers. The Studio is building in-house Post Production Services for the exclusive use of our shows. The Post Production Services team is charged with the strategy, implementation, operational management, and evolution of our purpose-built facilities and vendor partnerships, providing bespoke services, bleeding-edge technology, and next-generation workflows to our filmmakers.
You will define the requirements for the management and operational structure of our Post Production Services team at the Animation Studios, creating a focused and consistent model across the different service areas and physical sites. You will possess a deep understanding of the nuances of both Features and Series animation workflows and operational requirements, developing an operating service model that fulfills all of our different stakeholder needs.
A successful candidate will have a comprehensive knowledge of post-production facility management, key entertainment industry workflows, and the trends that are driving industry transformation. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of engaging with post-production executives and creatives, as well as leading, socializing, and implementing next-generation strategies for the industry. Your experience and skill set will match the scope, as will your excitement, dedication, and determination to succeed.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Overall business management and operational responsibility across the Animation Studios at Empire and Vine Studios.
• Create and oversee the management staffing plan across the facility, encompassing Client Services, Technical & Creative Operations, and Post Engineering.
• Ensure operational optimization and best practices at the facility, aligned with our global strategy.
• Create a service-led culture and team ethic that delivers an exemplary and unparalleled experience to our filmmakers, as well as technical and creative excellence.
• Partner with Client Services and Product to develop and evolve the Facility Management Platform and client concierge tools and portals.
• Define and deliver operating metrics to measure utilization and performance across the facility; deliver consistent business and utilization reporting against defined success metrics.
• Constantly evaluate the needs of our stakeholders, evolving and optimizing the Post services offering and developing the business case for new and expanded Post services.
• Partner with our Content, Production, and Finance teams in evaluating the potential for new Animation Studios in the region, developing the Post Services offering within any new location.
• Coordinate visibility and capacity of site resources into our global supply chain, providing scheduling & logistics support to our Productions across different sites and regions.
• Provide outreach and communications to the local filmmaking community as well as internal Netflix teams to ensure awareness and understanding of available services and capacity.
• 15 years of experience in Post Facility management roles within post-production, studio, or network.
• Deep knowledge and experience of content creation and post-production services and workflows.
• Experience with and ability to respectfully, but authoritatively, engage with creative executives and content creators Ability to manage and operate in ambiguous situations and think on your feet to solve challenges and problems.
• Strong communication skills with proven ability to socialize, explain and ''sell'' new and complex operational strategies, practices, and workflows.
• Proven track record of innovation, initiative, ideation, and implementation.
• Proven abilities to embrace, drive and enable change management
• Experience with instituting quality management frameworks and process improvement.
• Experience working with diverse teams across multiple functions, skills, and locations.
• Strong organizational skills with proactive mentality, positive orientation, and outlook.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely, or urgent mattersTeam-player who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented setting.
• Ability to handle a heavy volume of work, supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace