Manager, Animated Television Series Production
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We would love to work with two Line Producers who are ready to use their existing animation production experience along with their understanding of creative and join the team responsible for animated television series at Netflix.
Collaborative and flexible use of current production knowledge will be at the forefront of the roles which will extend into the intricacies of production to produce Netflix animated projects.
Areas of Production Responsibility :-
• Production (at outside studio)
The two Managers will work with the Senior Manager of Animation Series Production and will be active members of the Animation Production Management Team.
They will liaise with the Netflix Creative Teams along with the crews of individual productions to responsibly and flexibly plan, guide, track and problem solve throughout all phases of animation production to ensure delivery on schedule and budget to the desired creative expectations for the titles.
Both roles will share coverage from Animation Production Coordinator and also share coverage from Netflix Coordinator with the rest of the team.
• Using animation experience balanced with creative understanding, flexibly work out appropriate plans and manage development, pre-production, production and post schedules and budgets with creators and various teams to suit the needs of assigned projects customizing overall generic production schedules and budgets
• Manage the hiring of the agreed crews before the line producer comes on board
• Manage the animation tests, quotes and overall planning for the animation phase
• Manage the introduction of the series to Netflix Departments, update Netflix information sources and manage processes
• Introduce and guide individual production line producers and new crew in processes to carry out the production phases at Netflix with necessary Netflix Departments
• Establish and maintain good relationships and regular calls and frequent interaction with different front end teams
• Supervise the production reports on each production and review the cost reports in the first instance forecasting potential delays or problems
• Liaise with the series line producer, use animation experience to help identify and solve problems in all phases of production
• Liaise with, and update, all Netflix Departments throughout all phases of production
• Ensure that all Netflix procedures are followed for the confidentiality and security of the work
• Ensure all materials are stored on the appropriate Netflix areas
• Coordinate post mortem meeting following delivery
• Visit studios as needed
• Proven experience of line producing Animated Television Series 7 years
• Ability to balance creative understanding with production needs
• Open to implementing fresh production processes
• Ability to be flexible in using animation production knowledge to build the best environment to create each individual television series and still meet schedule and budget
• Proven day to day and long term planning
• Possess integrity
• Articulate with good verbal and written skills and have the ability to give clear communication
• Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information
• Ability to multi-task and show flexibility in prioritizing and re-prioritizing as situations arise through the course of productions
• Interest in people and working in a team, excellent people skills
• Ability to take responsibility and provide balanced leadership
• Ability to train and mentor Coordinators
• Organized and detail oriented
• Ability to respond if needed to timely, important or urgent matters after hours
• Proficiency in Google Suite, MS Word, Excel, Final Draft.
• Able to understand basic photoshop and design tools to manage files
• Ability to create animated television scheduling and budgeting
• Calm demeanor