Manager, Animated Film Publicity
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Do you live and breathe entertainment? Do you stay ahead of the curve and take in the latest films and TV shows across different platforms? Are you motivated by seeing your PR strategy have a direct impact on the overall business goals? Do you crave autonomy over your campaigns? If this resonates, then the opportunity to join our originals publicity team and work on our growing film initiative could be the job for you!
There are few brands that offer what we do for parents - something for their kids to love, something for the entire family to watch together and something for parents. The Manager of Animated Film Publicity will be a part of a seasoned group of professionals helping formulate, execute, and sustain consumer and industry relations strategies for Netflix Kids & Family business.
This opportunity is the chance to be on the ground floor with a team that handles Kids & Family content for the online leader, changing the perception of original animated films and how they should be enjoyed and celebrated. It's a chance to be fearless and unconventional, try new things, lean into the unknown and turn a film publicity campaign on its head. It's an opportunity where you actually get to experience the direct impact your work has on the business.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 139 million streaming members in over 190 countries.
• The Manager of Original Animated Film Publicity will work across several different disciplines that are bringing original animated features to fruition here at Netflix. We are looking for a a team member who is able to formulate and drive creative and executable ideas, communicate priorities, and present clear goals to stakeholders. The ideal candidate is not just a film publicist, but a Netflix publicist, representing and understanding our brand. They must have a solid business acumen and a strong work ethic. This leader will:
• Understand the film market, family audience, and animation industry.
• Be intellectually curious about entertainment, animation and technology, and relate that knowledge to their campaigns.
• Think strategically, take the bull by the horns and run with campaigns or new ideas that haven't yet been achieved or previously attempted (and have fun with it).
• Be a bold risk taker, not afraid to challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches.
• Be candid and direct, even when that approach might be controversial.
• Thrive in an environment of freedom, able to take initiative, and use sound judgement to independently make wise decisions
• They are scrappy, unafraid to jump in and handle tasks at all levels -- ALL -- and they succeed in an environment void of bureaucracy and layers. The role will report to the director of Kids & Family film publicity.
• The ideal candidate is a strong leader familiar with the Netflix culture deck and is eager to work among like-minded colleagues and embrace the company's philosophies:
• A Kids & Family entertainment expert with 10 -15 years of experience designing campaigns for multiple earned channels (traditional press, digital/social press, influencers, etc.)
• Experience working in animation a must, animated features a plus.
• Strong media relations expertise across U.S. consumer and trade press as well as worldwide animation press with contacts in the Kids, Family & Parenting entertainment sections.
• Experience in talent and partner relations and ability to convince our creative partners on the best communications approach for Netflix.
• Experience running campaigns across films and/or series to ensure a high degree of collaborating with multiple internal and external publicity teams.
• Experience working closely on Consumer Product campaigns to support titles a plus.
• Experience working with teams around the world, ideally working in deep partnership on campaigns and narratives for multiple markets around the world.
The Netflix culture attracts daredevils who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and curiosity. Read the culture memo. If it resonates for you, maybe you're the right person to join our dream team.