Localization Program Manager - Content
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Los Angeles, CA
Come join the team responsible for localization at Netflix! We are a passionate team dedicated to bringing the Netflix experience to international markets. We are looking for a highly motivated localization program manager who is excited to ensure that the Netflix experience is equally enjoyable in other countries as it is in the US.
In this role, you will work cross functionally with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Service, QC, Linguists, Legal and Design. You will own the localization strategy & roadmap, schedules, budget, quality for your component and guarantee the successful launch of the Netflix experience internationally.
The environment is fast-paced, requiring the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and manage aggressive deadlines. You will need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and a passion to improve existing infrastructure, tools and technologies. The right mix of organizational and communication skills is key to success. Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage priorities are also essential.
• Fostering relationships and partnering with key stakeholders to define the cross functional roadmap for any vertical
• Driving Language launches & their implementation
• Gathering, analyzing & reporting on the data; looking for opportunities to optimize on workflows, inefficiencies or customer issues that have been reported
• Driving and owning the localization roadmap, focusing on analysing & optimizing the localization workflow, including the tools for automation of the workflow & identifying business rules
• Scheduling localization projects and defining resource needs for assigned projects
• Coordinating efforts with cross-functional teams such as Subtitles/Dubbing, Content, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Service, Legal and Design to sync development efforts and localization schedules
• Managing external vendors and freelancers
• Establishing and ensuring high quality localization standards, while overseeing the program for your component end to end, from Innovation to QC needs
• Planning and maintaining the localization budget
• Evangelizing Globalization to all cross functional stakeholders
• AB Test analysis, influence & Globalization participation that drives international acquisitions & viewership
• Vertical Level Responsibility
• 10 years experience in localization program management working on language launches, software, creative content and/or subtitle localization
• Solid in-depth knowledge of internationalization and localization
• Working knowledge of industry standard localization tools
• Fluency in a non-English language is a plus
• Bachelor's Degree in Localization Project Management, International, Communication Studies or equivalent experience still applicable a plus