Licensing Manager, Consumer Products
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 158 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are pursuing consumer products and associated promotion because we believe it will drive meaningful show awareness/buzz with more tangible, curated ways to interact with our most popular content and in effect, drive long term value. We want merchandise, interactive games, and experiences to help promote our titles and build them into title brands, or franchises, so they become part of the zeitgeist for longer periods of time.
We are looking for a Manager, Licensing to lead end-to-end strategy and execution for merchandising and promotion of the Netflix brand and/or content across the UCAN region (US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand). You will work closely with local cross-functional teams, with the overall goal of ensuring that Netflix consumer products are an extension of title brand campaigns and delivering on our promise to create fan joy.
Key responsibilities :
• Own licensing of our content across all general merchandise (eg. toys, collectibles, consumables, apparel, etc) including ownership of relationship with licensees - identify partners, negotiate deals, ongoing management of the relationship including quality, distribution, sales performance, etc.
• Be an internal and external champion of the opportunity, vision, pitch and message with regards to our licensing strategy.
• Identify upstream requirements (legal, financial, business planning, approvals) for merchandise development that is relevant, topical and sparks member desire.
• Take a 'creative friendly' approach to licensing and ensure appropriate internal stakeholders are involved in key decision-making.
• Be informed of the priorities and complexities of cross-functional teams (e.g. content, marketing, publicity, PR, social, etc.) and understand how consumer products benefits and supports other teams' work.
What we need from you:
• Demonstrated, 8 years of experience in building and owning the end-to-end licensing function at a reputable entertainment brand (studio, gaming, agency)
• Bachelor's or advanced degree (preferred)
• Ability to work with; and innovate with new brands, collaborations
• Robust knowledge of the licensing landscape and value chain from ideation around IP through to delivery and consumer experience
• Impeccable contacts and network of stakeholders across the licensing landscape
• Deep engagement competency and ability to work with multiple, disparate stakeholders to achieve the best outcome for Netflix. You can read more about our company culture here.