Legal Operations Coordinator, Privacy
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 167 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
As Netflix continues to grow and expand, we are looking for a talented team member to join the Data Privacy and Security Legal team to provide support for Legal Operations.
Do you have great attention to detail, solid writing skills and want to work on interesting legal issues in a fast-paced, collaborative, innovative environment? Netflix is seeking a motivated, highly-organized, detail-oriented candidate with strong judgment. This is an opportunity to work on engaging projects, including helping answer privacy questions for our members.
The position is based in Los Gatos, reporting to Legal Operations Manager, Privacy. They will work in collaboration with the Corporate Escalations Teams, product/engineering, and other cross-functional teams in carrying out their responsibilities.
• Triage, investigate, and respond to privacy related matters
• Ability to understand complex privacy inquiries and respond concisely
• Draft complex responses to provide high-quality customer support and timely solutions to build customer trust
• Conduct training as needed for team members as well as cross-functional teams
• Maintain and improve internal processes and documentation for customer privacy/data protection inquiries
• Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to address complex privacy inquiries
• Review data disclosure productions in response to subject access requests
• Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) preferred
• Experience responding to privacy-related questions and rights requests from consumers preferred
• Understanding of GDPR and CCPA regulatory requirements a plus
• Experience with operational workflows a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a great sense of humor
• Superior organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail, and a mindset that processes can always be improved
• Self-starter and fast learner who can work independently while using impeccable judgment
• Possess situational awareness to identify and escalate matters that require urgent attention
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to review data and identify trends
• Ability to maintain a positive, constructive attitude in ambiguous situations and to manage complexity and high pressure in a productive manner
• Ability to work in an open, feedback-driven culture
• Proficiency in Excel and the Google suite of applications in a business environment (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive etc.)
• Foreign language fluency helpful - extra points if you are fluent in Dutch, French, German, and/or Spanish