Legal Operations Business Analyst
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With 158 million paid memberships enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our international efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers everywhere.
Netflix seeks an experienced Legal Operations Business/Data Analyst to be a deal, contract, and rights metadata guru, responsible for building and managing the master metadata model across the deal, contract, and rights lifecycle and informing the overall strategic direction of our tools based on current and future needs. The individual who fills this role will have an inside-out purview of the deal and contracts lifecycle and be in a position to influence the evolution of the applications used to manage deal, rights and contracts workflows.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment.
• Proactively partner with contract operations, analysts and legal ops team members across Legal to understand current deal and contract metadata tracking
• Structure and drive a consistent definition and use of metadata across the legal department
• Understand the gaps in current systems, and shape requirements for metadata tracking across an ecosystem of tools and trackers
• Identify and recommend process improvement, service and automation opportunities
• Identify and drive impactful projects stemming from the core role as well as other areas on the legal operations and technology team's roadmap as needed
• Liaise with contract and data administration teams, product/engineering, legal operations, and 3rd party application teams to communicate requirements and drive solutions
• Create and manage reports required by internal database users
• Build a Data Dictionary across the ecosystem for data needed/input by Legal
• 5-7 years of experience in a related position such as legal operations analyst, paralegal, contract administration
• 3 years of experience analyzing data and utilizing data analysis tools and techniques
• Diverse combination of legal, business, and technical skills that include: process development, data quality assurance, contracts reconciliation, report development, and maintaining accurate data across a deal and contracts ecosystem.
• Strong communication, collaboration, verbal and written skills
• Strong data analysis skills and experience working with relational database technologies is preferred but not required
• Knowledge of G-suite, Airtable, and contract lifecycle management solutions
• Experience interpreting complex legal, financial, and technical contract terms and condition
• Experience working with databases and the movement of information across a series of applications (manually and/or via APIs)
• SQL, while not required, is preferred