NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Legal Coordinator, Original Studio Films
Netflix seeks a Business and Legal Affairs coordinator who will have responsibility for a variety of business and legal matters related to our Original Studio Features (OSF). The successful candidate will work with Netflix's OSF team in many facets of business and legal affairs support, including drafting various agreements (e.g., certificates of engagement, writer roundtable agreements), liaising with internal cross-functional teams and external production executives and organizing and summarizing chain of title. The OSF team at Netflix works on a slate of high budget, high level and high-quality titles. This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand, and to grow within Netflix to help shape the future of entertainment.
• At least 2 years of business and legal affairs experience at a law firm, production company, studio, or network;
• Flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment;
• High level of organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Google Suite;
• Highly collaborative, resourceful, quick thinking, curious, and calm under pressure;
• Positive attitude and an ability to respond positively to change and be open to and respectful of new ideas;
• Good judgment, strong critical thinking skills, and the desire and willingness to take ownership and control of complex projects;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically, and be solution-oriented; and
• Knowledge of the evolving and international media landscape is a plus, but not required.
• Drafting, reviewing and redlining various agreements (e.g., certificates of engagement, writer roundtable agreements, turnaround agreements);
• Reviewing talent agreements and preparing marketing summaries;
• Preparing DGA deal memos and coordinating signatures (both externally and internally);
• Summarizing chain of title for union/guild and/or tax credit purposes;
• Liaising with internal contacts with respect to entity management and corresponding documents;
• Liaising with internal cross-functional teams and external production executives to provide necessary information with respect to talent deals;
• Coordinating tax credit documents as needed with tax group and external tax consultants; and
• Miscellaneous projects as needed.