Legal Coordinator, Rights Management and Content Acquisition
Full Time Job
Legal Coordinator, Rights Management and Content Acquisition - Korea
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. With this international expansion and a move into Korean originals, it's a great time to join Netflix.
We are currently looking for an experienced Legal Coordinator to join our Business and Legal Affairs team, to help support our growing content acquisition, and rights management efforts in Korea. They will be responsible for analyzing contracts for owned productions and catalog licensed Korean content and creating the distribution windows and rights information in Netflix's proprietary rights management system for titles launching on the Netflix Service. The candidate will assist in scaling our Korean content business, working alongside core cross-functional teams.
The successful candidate will have some prior contract management or rights management experience in a business or legal affairs setting, ideally in the media/entertainment industry. They will be highly-organized, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and be able to juggle multiple responsibilities on a large portfolio of content deals with unwavering attention to detail. They will also be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture. This is a demanding and fast-paced role that requires curiosity and drive.
This position will be based in Seoul, Korea.
• Analyze and interpret agreements for owned and licensed content and accurately set up distribution windows and other rights attributes in our rights management system.
• Maintain high alignment with cross functional partners to assist with legal aspects of Korean titles and their window set-up for the successful launch of titles on the Netflix Service.
• Coordinating collection and dissemination of a large volume of contracts for licensed series and film content, including managing the life cycle of a contract through execution and database management.
• Managing rights and inquiries related to prequels, sequels, remakes or adaptations of Netflix content for distribution as TV, film, new media or other formats.
• Creating, updating, and tracking spreadsheets with deal terms, options, and credits.
• Managing, maintaining, and updating local templates and forms as well as various dashboards and document management systems.
• Conducting legal research, translations, and basic contract preparation under the supervision of counsel.
• Identify operational and tool-related inefficiencies and collaborate with cross-functional partners for better solutions.
• Maintain high alignment with the content business, legal affairs, and title operations teams in Korea and rights management teams in Los Angeles and other regional offices.
• At least 5 years of contract management, rights management, or paralegal experience at either a global company or law firm; experience in either a law, media, or entertainment environment highly preferred.
• Fluency in Korean and English.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel is preferred.
• Proficiency with Google Suite.
• BA/BS required.
• Communication with Cross-Functional Partners: they have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and establish highly effective relationships with your business partners.
• Judgment: they think strategically, assess risk and make wise decisions.
• Prioritization and organization: they are able to juggle time-sensitive requests from multiple business partners.
• Attention to detail: they manage a high volume of information with great accuracy.
• Strong analytical skills: they feel comfortable reading complex contracts for owned and licensed content and accurately extracting rights metadata.
• Strong problem-solving skills: they are constantly managing challenging tasks and are resourceful and collaborative in getting them done.
• Technology Savvy: they learn about new tools quickly and identify opportunities for tool improvement.
• Adaptability: they respond positively to change, can pivot quickly and are excited by new ideas and have a willingness to tackle matters outside your area of expertise.
• Diversity and Inclusion: they embrace and advocate for cultural diversity and inclusion.
• Feedback: they are comfortable in providing and receiving constructive feedback, in real-time.