Legal Coordinator - Minors, Immigration and Diligence
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is seeking a Coordinator to be part of the Minors, Immigration and Diligence group. Our team advises on and oversees compliance globally for productions and PR/marketing activities with respect to immigration requirements, child labor laws, and diligence (which can include background checks, psychological evaluations, and medical testing). The successful candidate has prior experience in a legal and/or entertainment setting, is self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple diverse responsibilities while maintaining an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role with growth potential that requires curiosity and significant initiative.
• Creating, updating and tracking spreadsheets for minor and employer work permits, visas and diligence clearances.
• Preparing legal documents for signature and the coordination of signatures (e.g., immigration petitions, minor court affirmation forms).
• Managing, maintaining, and updating all forms and dashboards used by our team to maintain alignment internally and with the various teams we partner with at Netflix.
• Conducting research with regards to immigration and child labor requirements both domestically and abroad.
• Preliminary review of background checks and psychological evaluations for show participants and crew.
• Maintaining databases to help keep all teams aligned; and keeping a constant flow of communication with third-party production partners and internal stakeholders.
• Coordinating with cross functional teams to leverage new technology for the team.
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned.
To be successful:
• You've done this before. Meaningful experience (3-5 years) at a production company, studio, or law firm (entertainment or immigration). Possible backgrounds include experience as a junior counsel, paralegal, or coordinator in immigration and/or entertainment.
• You have experience researching international laws and policies--a plus but not required.
• You exercise great judgment and can articulate sound reasoning for decisions.
• You have strong attention to detail and an ability to work well with changing information.
• You possess excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
• You are effective and concise in your communications and have strong interpersonal skills.
• You are a team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
• You are resourceful and take the initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem solving.
It's a thrilling time at Netflix as we continue to expand our business globally. With original content offerings streaming in over 190 countries, Netflix is changing the way people around the world enjoy entertainment. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about our unique Netflix culture as well as the milestones we will achieve in the future.