Legal Coordinator - Minors, Immigration and Diligence
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is seeking a Coordinator to be part of the Minors, Immigration and Diligence group. Our team advises on child labor laws for our domestic and international productions, manages all background check clearances, psychological evaluations, and medical evaluations for our Unscripted productions, as well as global immigration matters pertaining to productions, PR, and marketing across the business. The successful candidate will have some prior experience in a legal and/or entertainment setting, and will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role with growth potential that requires curiosity and significant initiative.
• Creating, updating and tracking spreadsheets for minor and employer work permits, visas and diligence clearances.
• Preparing legal documents for signature and the coordination of signatures.
• Managing, maintaining, and updating all forms and dashboards used by the various teams at Netflix.
• Conducting research with regards to immigration requirements both domestically and abroad.
• Preliminary review of background checks for show participants and crew.
• Maintaining databases to help keep all teams aligned; and keeping a constant flow of communication with third-party production partners and internal stakeholders.
• Coordinate with cross functional teams to lever new technology for the team.
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned.
To be successful:
• You've done this before. Meaningful experience (3-5 years) at a production company, studio, or law firm (entertainment or immigration).
• You have experience researching international laws and policies--a plus but not required.
• You regularly exercise great judgment and can articulate sound reasoning for your decisions.
• You have strong attention to detail and an ability to work well with changing information.
• You possess a high level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines.
• You are effective and concise in your communications and have strong interpersonal skills.
• You are a team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
• You are resourceful and take initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem solving.
• You are able to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes
It's a thrilling time at Netflix as we continue to expand our business globally. With over 139 million paid subscribers, and edgy, original programming, working at Netflix is more exciting than ever. Visit our culture deck?and long-term view?to learn more about our unique Netflix culture as well as the milestones we will achieve in the future.