Legal Coordinator, Business and Legal Affairs - Majors Film & TV, Spain / Latin America
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix's Major Film & TV and Spain/Latin America Content Legal Group is seeking an experienced Coordinator to provide Business & Legal Affairs support. The successful candidate will have prior experience in a business affairs and/or legal setting, and will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role that requires curiosity and significant initiative. He or she will report to a Director, Content Acquisition.
The successful candidate will have some prior experience in entertainment, preferably in a business affairs and/or legal setting. S/he will be highly-organized, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple responsibilities.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of television. The legal team at Netflix is small and focused on collaborating with its business partners to help foster innovation.
• Managing, maintaining, and updating all forms as well as various dashboards and document management systems
• Drafting, reviewing and redlining agreements as needed under the supervision of counsel
• Increasing the operational efficiency between the business/legal teams and other internal departments (e.g., marketing, post production, product)
• Facilitating the negotiations between internal and external partners for certain agreement exhibits (e.g., for marketing, post production, operations) Manage the process and flow of contract request submissions/requests for legal review
• Interface with coordinators and buyers in connection with legal review requests
• Managing the process and flow of legal delivery documentation (chain of title documents, production agreements, requests for information from international bodies, etc.)
• Coordinating receiving, distributing and uploading signed agreements internally and externally
• Coordinating kick off and sync meetings and calls with internal teams and external teams
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary
• At least 2 years of related work experience in a business and/or legal affairs setting
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment